PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: stuck in bootloader mode.

Well, it shouldn't take more than three minuites. Maybe if it doesn't boot up try the 2.31 unlocker again. I really thought you had it after you said the .41 unlocker finished because that unlocker is not supposed to be write protected so theoretically, if you flash the stock rom you should be relocked and back to where you started.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC xv6900
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ss0mohit is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

it shouldn't be. exactly. idk why, i would've posted a video. but its weird. but just to check my phone isn't bricked. and it should be back to factory settings with just the vzw shipped rom?
Old 10-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

From what I understand,(which may be wrong) all you need to do to go back to stock and relock is flash the stock rom cause the unlocker is not write protected. I thought that if you got the .41 unlocker to finish , then you were unlocked ready to flash a nongps rom. But, that's not what you want so if you flash the stock Verizon rom you should be back to square one. Like I said before, maybe ask the person who made the unlocker. You could try flashing a different Verizon stock rom or you could try running the 2.31 unlocker again and see if it succeeds to get you unlocked.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC xv6900
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ss0mohit is becoming a great contributor

yesthats exactly right. i thougth i got the .41 unlocker done. it says it on bootloader. and i read a couple of threads saying that if it says that... then my phone is unlocked. but i'm having trouble finding a nongps rom. and i want to go back to stock.
my understanding would be, since i have a 3.37.78 radio, then i have to have a gps capable rom, but the unlocker won't let me.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:26 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Okay, well basically the stock Verizon rom is a nongps rom. That's why I said flash a stock rom . I'm thinking you are having problems because you need a Verizon stock rom that is designed to work with that radio you have. You may need to get a dump of one or find a Verizon rom that is the version your phone was shipped with. Then after flashing that you can reunlock with the gps 2.31 unlocker and flash a custom rom.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:03 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

I did a search and found a thread with another stock Verizon rom. I hope this works for you! Here it is :http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=504828
Old 10-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hey there sorry about not getting back sooner a few computer difficulties, here is a 1.59 radio,

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Im...io1.59.10a.rar

rename to VOGUIMG.nbh copy to sd card and do a sd flash, then download this rom (OS only and its telecom new zealand stock wm 6 as i know this rom comes with 1.59 radio) ( its just temporary)

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Im...RUU_signed.rar

rename to VOGUIMG.nbh copy to sd and do a sd flash,i if all goes well your phone should start up, BE READY WITH YOUR STYLUS TO RESET YOUR PHONE BEFORE CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN,

now reflash with the correct unlocker 2.31, and then flash your stock rom ( not from sd card ) via the .exe file. Now you should be good to go with flashing stock roms

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Well, it shouldn't take more than three minuites. Maybe if it doesn't boot up try the 2.31 unlocker again. I really thought you had it after you said the .41 unlocker finished because that unlocker is not supposed to be write protected so theoretically, if you flash the stock rom you should be relocked and back to where you started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss0mohit View Post
it shouldn't be. exactly. idk why, i would've posted a video. but its weird. but just to check my phone isn't bricked. and it should be back to factory settings with just the vzw shipped rom?
Quote:
From what I understand,(which may be wrong) all you need to do to go back to stock and relock is flash the stock rom cause the unlocker is not write protected. I thought that if you got the .41 unlocker to finish , then you were unlocked ready to flash a nongps rom. But, that's not what you want so if you flash the stock Verizon rom you should be back to square one. Like I said before, maybe ask the person who made the unlocker. You could try flashing a different Verizon stock rom or you could try running the 2.31 unlocker again and see if it succeeds to get you unlocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
0.41 Version (this one has overwrite protection like the 2.31, but is non GPS)
Use this one if you are not currently using/flashing a GPS radio/rom.
(not fully installed correctly until you see 0.41.CoKe)

Original 0.40 Version (mosty outdated except for "relocking" ability, also more dangerous than 0.41 and 2.31)
VERY IMPORTANT / Warning: If your carrier did not release a rom and you flash an exe of another carrier with the 0.40 unlocker you won't be able to flash ANY rom until unlocking again (this requires booting into WM)

* I haven't protected the 0.40 bootloader from overwriting so any stock EXE (includes a bootloader) ROM will relock the device. I suggest only flashing custom nbh files after using the 0.40 unlocker (they don't generally include bootloaders). I did this so that there is no need to create a custom relocker (for warranty concerns), and in general if installing only custom roms it won't be a problem.
to go forwards you have to go backwards you cannot flash a 3.XXX radio to the .41 as 3.XXX radios are gps and you cannot flash another unlocker without active sync ( for the first time,You can do a sd flash after that )
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Thanks ali3nfr3ak!That clears things up a lot. I hope that will help get him going because I obviously was trying to help but my knowledge is limited compared to other people such as yourself. I will try to remember all of this so maybe I can be of more help to others.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Thanks ali3nfr3ak!That clears things up a lot. I hope that will help get him going because I obviously was trying to help but my knowledge is limited compared to other people such as yourself. I will try to remember all of this so maybe I can be of more help to others.
no worries....i only know this because i did the same thing lol so i hope it works for him to
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Tags
bootloader mode, htc vogue, unlocker, verizon