View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 04:31 PM
ali3nfr3ak
Halfway to VIP Status

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: stuck in bootloader mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Well, it shouldn't take more than three minuites. Maybe if it doesn't boot up try the 2.31 unlocker again. I really thought you had it after you said the .41 unlocker finished because that unlocker is not supposed to be write protected so theoretically, if you flash the stock rom you should be relocked and back to where you started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss0mohit View Post
it shouldn't be. exactly. idk why, i would've posted a video. but its weird. but just to check my phone isn't bricked. and it should be back to factory settings with just the vzw shipped rom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
From what I understand,(which may be wrong) all you need to do to go back to stock and relock is flash the stock rom cause the unlocker is not write protected. I thought that if you got the .41 unlocker to finish , then you were unlocked ready to flash a nongps rom. But, that's not what you want so if you flash the stock Verizon rom you should be back to square one. Like I said before, maybe ask the person who made the unlocker. You could try flashing a different Verizon stock rom or you could try running the 2.31 unlocker again and see if it succeeds to get you unlocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
0.41 Version (this one has overwrite protection like the 2.31, but is non GPS)
Use this one if you are not currently using/flashing a GPS radio/rom.
(not fully installed correctly until you see 0.41.CoKe)

Original 0.40 Version (mosty outdated except for "relocking" ability, also more dangerous than 0.41 and 2.31)
VERY IMPORTANT / Warning: If your carrier did not release a rom and you flash an exe of another carrier with the 0.40 unlocker you won't be able to flash ANY rom until unlocking again (this requires booting into WM)

* I haven't protected the 0.40 bootloader from overwriting so any stock EXE (includes a bootloader) ROM will relock the device. I suggest only flashing custom nbh files after using the 0.40 unlocker (they don't generally include bootloaders). I did this so that there is no need to create a custom relocker (for warranty concerns), and in general if installing only custom roms it won't be a problem.
to go forwards you have to go backwards you cannot flash a 3.XXX radio to the .41 as 3.XXX radios are gps and you cannot flash another unlocker without active sync ( for the first time,You can do a sd flash after that )

This post has been thanked 1 times.