PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900 (HTC Vogue or Touch)
Carrier: Verizon

novafreak69 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to restore Verizon Vogue Standalone GPS

OK... So I have NFSFAN's Verizon Rom V1.15 WM6.1 R3.42.40 PRI 2.03_002 I have NO GPS locks... I am goingt o start at the beginning of your Tutorial and see what happens....
Old 02-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900 (HTC Vogue or Touch)

novafreak69 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by novafreak69 View Post
OK... So I have NFSFAN's Verizon Rom V1.15 WM6.1 R3.42.40 PRI 2.03_002 I have NO GPS locks... I am goingt o start at the beginning of your Tutorial and see what happens....

OK Just finished... but ended up having to cal #8899 cause my phone would not make any calls afterward... I am on the phone with them now... They gave me a New A Key... and now I have to go back and fix the MMS and the Data Network Connection... cause it is broken now..

Last edited by novafreak69; 02-19-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900

gbirky is a n00b

Wow - this sounds like exactly what I want to do. Thanks for all the information. I do have some questions before I do this...

1) In step 10, can I flash the stock Verizon WM6.1 instead of a stock ROM? The reason is that I am quite happy right now with what I have, with the exception of the GPS not working, and I'd like to keep my Vogue as "stock" as possible. Is it just the customizations that turn off the GPS?

2) In step 10, what is "my Vogue rom from here."? The link is...well not a link (http://here/). What mods are included?

3) In step 14, how do I do a "soft reset"? OK - so I'm a noob...I know what a hard reset is only b/c it is in your instructions (Send+End+Reset).

4) After this process is complete, what exactly will I have lost? I know I'll need to reprogram with *228, and restore contacts and any files with Activesync. Will I need to edit a bunch of EPST stuff, etc? Will I need a new A-Key?

Just a comment - it took me some time to realize that "Flash a ROM" means to run ROMUpdateUtility.exe on the PC from a folder with the RUU_signed.nbh file you want to use as the ROM. Just for us noobies, you might want to specify how exactly you "Flash a ROM".

Incidentally, the only way I have been able to get my Vogue into bootloader is to power down, then turn it on by pressing and holding both the power and camera buttons. Is there something I'm doing wrong? (Power+Camera+Reset) doesn't do anything...but maybe that's b/c I remapped my Camera button?

Also, just an aside - the *228 is not a given because I don't live in a Verizon primary coverage area. I'm always on Extended Network.

Last edited by gbirky; 04-21-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

Arthesius is a n00b

So I have a verizon XV6900 of which I flashed a while ago.. Ever since I have had no service, zero bars and I can't seem to figure out how to get bars again. Followed this tutorial to the T but still no service.. Any ideas?
Old 06-20-2010, 02:16 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthesius
So I have a verizon XV6900 of which I flashed a while ago.. Ever since I have had no service, zero bars and I can't seem to figure out how to get bars again. Followed this tutorial to the T but still no service.. Any ideas?
Are you running a custom rom or the shipped rom?
Flash the shipped rom to see if you get service back. Maybe you need to install a different PRL.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900 HTC Vogue

ColoTouch is a n00b

Thanks! I followed everything step by step. It still did not lock for me.

Tip: With a custom 6.5.5 ROM I installed, I took a guess and changed the registry setting for aGPS=1 to aGPS=0 (turned it off) and then I finally got 3 sats to lock instantly!

Last edited by ColoTouch; 06-23-2010 at 01:47 AM. Reason: it finally worked after a reg tweak
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue