PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 05:54 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: HTC Vogue Users Group!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=593786

go there and also at xda you will find a bunch of android roms for the vogue.
Thanks mah bro man. I really appreciate it.

Guys, only the people that sticks to what they used to ,is called... well... uhmmm... ahhhhh... they are fanbois.

we have to move on... We cannot have the Vogue then just change the interface, launcher or the theme. It will be just like a sugar coated vogue..

Ima try android for sure. I am so lucky and proud, My vogue can do it for me.

I wanna tell my solid fellow vogue users out there,... the world is bigger than WM's backyard. OK?...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 01-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: verizon wireless

kevon40 is a n00b

looking for a way to make music ringtones on my HTC Touch Veriaon Wireless
Old 01-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=593786

go there and also at xda you will find a bunch of android roms for the vogue.
Thanks mah bro man. I really appreciate it.

Guys, only the people that sticks to what they used to ,is called... well... uhmmm... ahhhhh... they are fanbois.

we have to move on... We cannot have the Vogue then just change the interface, launcher or the theme. It will be just like a sugar coated vogue..

Ima try android for sure. I am so lucky and proud, My vogue can do it for me.

I wanna tell my solid fellow vogue users out there,... the world is bigger than WM's backyard. OK?...
LOL Isn't running/installing Android just changing the interface too!?
You still have a Vogue...right!?
You're not adding any functions...right!?
In some cases, you're subtracting functions...right!?
Old 01-17-2010, 05:37 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

no, android runs great and now is fully functional on the vogue. it also breaths new life into a dying phone. i know you love the phone horn but eventually you will have to move on. don't you ever upgrade?
Old 01-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008
Quote:

no, android runs great and now is fully functional on the vogue. it also breaths new life into a dying phone. i know you love the phone horn but eventually you will have to move on. don't you ever upgrade?
Eventually..sure! But I don't think there is much out there right now that is much of an upgrade. I'd get the HD2 if it comes to Sprint. I'd take a TP2 if I could get it cheap and I thought the battery life was good. Never say never! I just think that you can't get too upset when newer, unproven software does not run right on a device that was made and designed years earlier to run software that doesn't require so much ram and resources. I keep that in mind. When there is something out there that I want to do with a device that my Vogue can't do...then of course I'll get another device!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:26 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:

Eventually..sure! But I don't think there is much out there right now that is much of an upgrade. I'd get the HD2 if it comes to Sprint. I'd take a TP2 if I could get it cheap and I thought the battery life was good. Never say never! I just think that you can't get too upset when newer, unproven software does not run right on a device that was made and designed years earlier to run software that doesn't require so much ram and resources. I keep that in mind. When there is something out there that I want to do with a device that my Vogue can't do...then of course I'll get another device!
whens the last time you upgraded?
Old 01-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm getting itchy for a new PPC-phone. My Vogue is well past 2 year contract, so should be able to upgrade inexpensively. But...

Here are some MP3 player functions I reeealy love:
(1) True gapless playback, i.e. no dead air
(2) UI with large song art AND playlist on same screen
(3) Player functions can map to hardware buttons such that while driving, it's possible to make adjustments by feel, without taking eyes off road.
(4) Left (of 5-way nav pad) press starts song over, another press starts previous track, AND press & hold rewinds 5 seconds so I can re-hear lyrics I didn't catch on 1st listen.
(5) Ability to search 15 gigs of songs and play a request or spur of the moment tune, leaving current playlist spot, to be returned to, after request plays - without messing up previous regular playlist rotation.

WinMo/Vogue gives me these NOW. Any "upgrade" might give me a better display, faster processor, etc. But I'd lose these features and sooo many more. It'd be a downgrade for me. Even WM7 now seems to be ruled out from my future hopes due to it requiring heavy hardware, and now we learn MS will not provide backward support for previous WM apps? Android is moving quickly, but not in any direction for my interests. My next phone will either be another Vogue, more likely a re-build of my current Vogue, or something even lighter than its 4.0 oz. Shhh, dreaming about my next device ~ ~ ~

Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 01-17-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: VZW

Hawks2005 is keeping up the good workHawks2005 is keeping up the good work

Joined! (actually it was a while ago, but just saw this post)
Old 01-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008
Quote:

whens the last time you upgraded?
A little over a year ago.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:23 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

OK. I flashed the Vogue with Android 1.5. It's cool. Now I gotta figure how to run sense UI from hero. I've seen some links to do it already. Thanks again fixer.

Last edited by jethro_static; 01-18-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue