PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 12:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

LAYDO is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help, possibly bricked...

I tried to flash a custom ROM onto a Verizon XV6900. I am well rehearsed in flashing custom ROMs, as I do it all the time on my Touch Pro with the ROMs that Mighty puts out.

Anyway, the phone at hand is currently unlocked to SPL .41Coke and I tried to flash a stock rom back on it as I was having difficulties with other roms while it was unlocked in SPL2.31Coke. Problem is, it wont boot up all the way and gets stuck on the HTC bootup screen after showing the radio and rom information. I have looked at the thread about unbricking and going back to SPL .36 but I am totally lost as to what to do with these steps.

What can I do to solve this problem?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Big Red VZW

Reddog80p is keeping up the good workReddog80p is keeping up the good work
Re: Need help, possibly bricked...

how long have you given it to load after the htc screen pops up? The first time can last a few minutes. What kind of issues were you seeing when flashing custom roms from the 2.31 bootloader?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:23 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

LAYDO is a n00b

I have let it go overnight and still stays on the same screen. I had the same problems with other roms where they would stay on similar screens overnight. One, for instance, was a windows mobile boot up screen that said checking OS below.

I think my problem is that it is unlocked into SPL .41Coke when the radio version is 3.XX...

I believe I can solve the problem by being able to unlock to SPL 2.31 Coke but I do not know how to do this without a working activesync connection...
Old 05-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAYDO View Post
I have let it go overnight and still stays on the same screen. I had the same problems with other roms where they would stay on similar screens overnight. One, for instance, was a windows mobile boot up screen that said checking OS below.

I think my problem is that it is unlocked into SPL .41Coke when the radio version is 3.XX...

I believe I can solve the problem by being able to unlock to SPL 2.31 Coke but I do not know how to do this without a working activesync connection...
Should be able to unlock via the SD Card method, in the 2.31 unlocker you will find the larger *.nbh file - copy that to your SD card (2GB or less formatted to FAT32) and rename to VOGUIMG.nbh, put the SD card back into phone and turn on then enter bootloader mode (Power+camera+stylus in reset hole) it should see the nbh file and start the flash/unlock process

You can then do the same with the nbh file of the chosen ROM you want to use in the same way as above to speed up the flash process or if your still having issues connecting via activesync

remember to - activesync does NOT need to connect to flash a ROM - you can prep the file/folder - enter bootloader on the phone (it will say Serial on the phone) then connect via the usb cable and it will change to USB on screen then run the RomUpdateUtility.exe (ruu.exe)

Detroit Doug

Old 05-08-2009, 12:47 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

LAYDO is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_doug View Post
Should be able to unlock via the SD Card method, in the 2.31 unlocker you will find the larger *.nbh file - copy that to your SD card (2GB or less formatted to FAT32) and rename to VOGUIMG.nbh, put the SD card back into phone and turn on then enter bootloader mode (Power+camera+stylus in reset hole) it should see the nbh file and start the flash/unlock process
Ok did the above and upon turning on the phone, it enters bootloader automatically and then flashes a white/gray screen that says "Loading..." in blue for a few seconds then returns to the bootloader screen but it is still in SPL .41Coke
Old 05-08-2009, 12:52 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

LAYDO is a n00b

It also flashes a message right below the "loading...." before it goes back into bootloader but it goes away too fast to be able to make out what it says
Old 05-08-2009, 12:55 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

LAYDO is a n00b

K the message that pops up says "No image file!"
Old 05-08-2009, 01:27 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

LAYDO is a n00b

Can anyone help me out?
Old 05-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

make sure you have named the file correctly VOGUIMG.nbh ( case sensitive) , and that the card is definitly formated fat32, and i have always used a 1 gig or less card.

do you still have version 3.xx radio ? or have you dwongraded that as well? cause .41 is for non gps roms and in new zealand the vogue comes with a 1.xx radio as stock which is non gps

Last edited by ali3nfr3ak; 05-08-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Big Red VZW

Reddog80p is keeping up the good workReddog80p is keeping up the good work

My guess is the radio and ROM is not compatible. Which radio you got?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue