PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

iExhaled is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
**Updated 3-26-09** HTC Rhodium Menu Port To Vogue/Any QVGA - FingerMenu Replacement?

Special Thanks To DHarvey & btxakita....

Catch The Original Thread Here... Main Posting

From the Rhodium ROM dump....

"...This is NOW release quality software!! This may look like fingermenu but it is actually created by HTC and is smoother, faster, and nicer looking than fingermenu..." -DHarvey

I Second That Statement...

NOTES:
1.) You MUST have a 21000 OR HIGHER build on your device in order for this menu extension to work. DO NOT attempt to install this on any older builds because it won't work.
2.) jlavoie tested this on his device with beta WM6.5 build 21159 and reports that this does not work with for him. This MAY, or MAY NOT work with WM6.5. If you install it and it works, AWESOME!! If not, sorry maybe next time.

Screen Shot Of DHarvey's VGA Port:

Thanks To Efforts From Sheennick123456:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheennick123456 View Post
OKkk

here i have added HTCscroll and its registry keys

i strongly believe that the messy arrows you have talked about must be related to registry values

i currently dont have any ROM with build 21xxx
i will work on the graphic issues on weekend
OKAY - MOD TO QVGA ?????

So, Finally This Is My First Contribution To The Community....

I Have An HTC Touch/Vogue Running NFSFAN's WM 6.1 Sprint 1.09 Rom (Build 21014)...

I Had To Edit The "HTCMenus.bmp" File As There Was Problems Displaying Correctly On QVGA Devices... I Had To Get Rid Of The Top And Bottom Of The Menu Showing Nothing But Garbage...

In The Beginning, The End Result Was A Square Menu In The Middle Still Maintaining The Scrolling Functionality...

Because I Like How Much Faster And Smoother This Is Than Finger Menu...

I Will Be Continuing To Modify This File To Get To The Full Desired Effect For QVGA Devices...

This Is Just A Quick Fix For Now... 90%

************************************************** ********************************

EDIT: Done 99.98% Still Need To Tiddy Up Some Edges So Stay Tuned...

Instructions:

1.) Download And Install The Cab From Below (Run, Soft Reset, Done)

***EDIT***
If You Have FingerMenu Installed, After A Soft Reset It Will Be Automatically Enabled... You Can Unistall It - Or - You Can Go To The FingerMenu Folder In Programs And Choose "Stop FingerMenu" To Se The Difference

You May Also Notice That My Font Is Smaller Than Your Device, You Can Modify This Via Your Registry....

>> HKLM/Software/HTC/HTCMenus/FontSize <<

I Set Mines To 12 (0x00000c), 20 Is Default And Is Optimal Until I Figure Out How To Lift The Character Wrapping Length

************************************************** ******************************

Note: Menu/Scrolling May Not Work If You Just Install Cab File... You Need To Do A Soft Reset

************************************************** ******************************

Remember:

You must have a 21000 OR HIGHER build on your device in order for this menu extension to work. Do not attempt to install this on any older builds because it won't work.

****UPDATE 3-26-09****

Download My New Version v 0.5

-Fixed Top Slide Out Menu Image Glitch
-Fixed Rounded Corners In Both Short/Large List Menus
-Fixed Landscape Mode (Arrows & Edges)
-Smoother Selection Gradients
-Changed All White Arrow Bars, Replaced w/ Light Grey

Issues That Still Need To Be Worked On:

-Text Wrapping (Cut Offs...)
-One Item Center Display Image Glitch **Rarely Ever Encountered

SKINNERS, PLEASE USE MY NEWEST VERSION AS TEMPLATE !!!

ENJOY!!!

Last edited by iExhaled; 03-26-2009 at 12:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:22 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Re: **Updated 3-12-09** HTC Rhodium Menu Port To Vogue/Any QVGA - FingerMenu Replacem

I actually grabbed this from your post at XDA. Once I adjusted the font size, this is working great on my touch with the same ROM as yours. I've also adjusted the colors to match HTCToucher's Gloss theme.

Attached Files
File Type: zip HTCMenus.zip (25.1 KB, 54 views) Click for barcode!

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 03-12-2009, 06:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman
Re: **Updated 3-12-09** HTC Rhodium Menu Port To Vogue/Any QVGA - FingerMenu Replacem

i would like to use this in my rom, please pm me when you have it perfected
Old 03-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
i would like to use this in my rom, please pm me when you have it perfected
No Doubt...
Old 03-12-2009, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

magicalan is keeping up the good workmagicalan is keeping up the good work

yes yes whosdaman use it =D>
am using ur rom
Old 03-13-2009, 12:55 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

I just wish the new notifications enhancements were proving as easy to fix as the new menu. That and I hope the new messaging screen that pocketnow posted a couple of days ago gets ported soon, too...
Old 03-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

When I Finalize This...
Im Gonna Start On The Notifications Enhancement...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I noticed there were some sort of stripes in the green highlights, and the images seemed fuzzy, so I corrected only the green highlight parts, I didn't know too much about the mapping of the images, so I was scared to edit other things. :P

I attached it as a zip, due to the file size limit on .bmps

Aaand if I may be allowed to report a few bugs to help the cause :

The unselected radio buttons don't seem to show.
The selected radio buttons seem to have a pixel cut off on the right, unless the option is highlighted.
The check mark image is slightly cut off from the bottom and shows white borders around it when the option is highlighted.
I think you're probably working to make the top and bottom arrow backgrounds black?

Thank you very much for your work, and keep it coming!
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTCMenus.zip (44.6 KB, 59 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by leadpoizon; 03-13-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ok, one more bug to add: The bottom part of the menu isn't rounded when you tap and hold for a menu...

I would really help, if i knew how different you mapped the images.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpoizon View Post
I noticed there were some sort of stripes in the green highlights, and the images seemed fuzzy, so I corrected only the green highlight parts, I didn't know too much about the mapping of the images, so I was scared to edit other things. :P

I attached it as a zip, due to the file size limit on .bmps

Aaand if I may be allowed to report a few bugs to help the cause :

The unselected radio buttons don't seem to show.
The selected radio buttons seem to have a pixel cut off on the right, unless the option is highlighted.
The check mark image is slightly cut off from the bottom and shows white borders around it when the option is highlighted.
I think you're probably working to make the top and bottom arrow backgrounds black?

Thank you very much for your work, and keep it coming!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpoizon View Post
Ok, one more bug to add: The bottom part of the menu isn't rounded when you tap and hold for a menu...

I would really help, if i knew how different you mapped the images.

Working On Those Now... Im At work And Kinda Going Back And Forth Between This And My Regular Job... Will Be Posting An Update Either Tonight Or First Thing Tomorrow....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue