PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

djanu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS on XV6900 Without Data

Have tried disabling aGPS, still no luck, gps viewer is still seeing sats but is not getting any fix. sats flash for sometime and then disappears. Please throw in some ideas what might have gone wrong ??

Just to remind before the authentication everything was working fine without any patch, I checked it multiple times but after authentication no locks anymore.......

No idea what went wrong.... back to square one...
Old 06-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC xv6900

djanu is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanu View Post
Have tried disabling aGPS, still no luck, gps viewer is still seeing sats but is not getting any fix. sats flash for sometime and then disappears. Please throw in some ideas what might have gone wrong ??

Just to remind before the authentication everything was working fine without any patch, I checked it multiple times but after authentication no locks anymore.......

No idea what went wrong.... back to square one...

Hi All,

I finally had better luck today with gps working at last. I just did a hardreset and went back to original settings without making any further GPS fixes. Now the GPS works at last. I am priming with gps viewer orVisualGPSce, always gets instant lock on tomtom or Garmin when one of the primer is running and alive in the background. The only problem is cold gps lock sometime take a long time even upto 10 min but once its locked it remain alive until I do a soft reset or something.

But for sure Pocket PC WIki:FIX VERIZON GPS works best if you want a gps to work without a data plan or w/datablock on your account.

I am now looking to improve lock time and looking for suggestions, one thing I want to try is upgrading to bell radio v3.42.50m i am just waiting to see if anyone had seen any improvement by doing this, since i Know once i do this I'll have to reauthenticate the phone. Please feel free to throw in any experiences or suggestions..

Thanks and Cheers,

-DJ
Radio Version 3.37.77
PRL 51425
PRI 1.37_002
Old 07-14-2009, 04:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vouge
Carrier: verizon

duffman1825 is a n00b

This is a total newb question but what does DO NOT LET CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN exactly mean?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman1825 View Post
This is a total newb question but what does DO NOT LET CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN exactly mean?
as soon as you get done with the screen alignment an app launches and start installing the carrier files if it is not your carriers ROM you are flashing to you need to press the soft reset button as soon as that app pops up or you can mess up your phone.

I have a link to my ROMs in my Signature as well as what I did to get the GPS running on my Verizon touch with absolutely no problems at all, and the GPS even worked in a different country where they don't have verizon, by disabling AGPS I was able to use Garmin mobile and had 5-9 locks.

Last edited by jtuite; 07-14-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900

crobs808 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to crobs808 Send a message via MSN to crobs808 Send a message via Yahoo to crobs808 Send a message via Skype™ to crobs808

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuite View Post
...and the GPS even worked in a different country where they don't have verizon
lol, sorry, but what a dumb thing to say...of course it works in any country...it is not through a service provider. its getting its signal from government satellites, lol
GPS: TomTom v7.915 (v830.2323 Maps)
Old 12-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

proxops-pete is a n00b

I have let the customizations run (on MR1 release)... if I hard reset it and not let customizations run, would that work or do I have to go back to pre-GPS-unlock ROM via Coke 0.4x? and re-do the whole flash to 2.31 and then MR1 w/o customizations? Thanks guys...
Old 12-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

If you want gps without data (No Agps) then follow the steps in this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78560
Old 12-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6900
Carrier: VERIZON

wirelessparty is a n00b
Smile Re: GPS on XV6900 Without Data

I right now have the Data Block on my XV6900. What steps do i have to follow to try and get my internet to work? If i do whatever unlocking, and my phone doesn't work, can i get it back to the original way it was and bring it to Verizon?
Thanks so much! It is really hard to me to read all the posts.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue