PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Lurker

NeCCo13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bricked vogue...

Tonight i was looking around for a new ROM for my HTC vogue. I have cooked up my own roms before and have done plenty to my vogue. Figuring it would be a normal night, i start loading my new rom and everythings fine until a message on my screen comes up that the process ran into an error. so i unplugged, took out the battery, waited 3 seconds, put it back in and started the process over. upon starting over i got stopped at the same point where it said i encountered an error. did the recovery and went to restart the phone and its stuck on the bootloader. on the top right corner it reads RUUNBH... when i push reset button it flashes a white screen that says loading... and then no image file! underneath it. i tried pushing send/end/reset to set back to factory and it goes through the process and then when it says to push send to restart it takes me back to bootloader... any help would appreciated. Im gonna take it into to sprint tomorrow and ask them cause i need to transfer my number over to a beater phone for right now. thanks!

Last edited by NeCCo13; 11-24-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:50 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: bricked vogue...

as lopng as you can get it to bootloader your phone if you want to put it in bootloader then just push power+camera+soft reset all at the same time then you should be able to flash to a different ROM.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

NeCCo13 is a n00b

While in bootloader, when i go to flash another rom, i get stuck on "verifying information on your pda phone... please wait... and then it goes to a screen that says error [260] : connection the update utility cannot connect to your pda phone. please check that your usb cradle/cable is connected properly between the pc and your pd phone. check the following: 1. the pda phone is connected to the usb cradle/cable (which it is) 2. the usb cradle/cable is connected to the pc (which it also is).... It stops here everytime...
Old 11-24-2008, 02:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

knownboyofno is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to knownboyofno Send a message via Yahoo to knownboyofno

Have u tried to flash using the SD card method?
Old 11-25-2008, 01:51 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

NeCCo13 is a n00b

I have never flashed from the storage, so i looked it up on the forums. i renamed the RUU_signed.nbh file to VOGUIMG.nbh and placed it in the root of my micro drive. i placed the sd card into the phone and held the power and camera button while pushing the reset with stylus. same screen flashed very quickly that says LOADING... NO IMAGE FILE!.. it then goes right back to the bootloader screen... please help lol i have no insurance on the phone and i doubt the techs at the sprint store will know what to do... thanks!
Old 11-25-2008, 02:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

NeCCo13 is a n00b

im an idiot... i forgot to format the micro to fat32 before copying the .img file over... shoot me please...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6900

penorwood is a n00b

Did the sd card flash work? if so ... whew!
Old 11-25-2008, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB 9630 Tour
Carrier: sprint

fparkin is just getting started

its works done once my self
Old 11-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

NeCCo13 is a n00b

Yeah it it worked... Everything works on the phone including me getting texts and phone calls, but the phone is stuck in digital roam... Im on the sprint netwrok... I took it into sprint and they said that i should look into forcing the PRL (preferred roaming list). They tried putting my phone in the sprint only network setting on my phone (where i cant roam and will only connect to sprint network) and my phone wouldnt connect to the network. Once they put roaming back on, i get calls, texts and can make calls out... They can't connect to customer support to finish my phone off or something without me being connected to sprints network (aka not roaming)... I loaded the stock sprint ROM straight from HTC's website and im having this problem... any ideas?

Last edited by NeCCo13; 11-26-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

NeCCo13 is a n00b

Alright new update. I went to the sprint store and they said that the towers for sprint are overwritten in my list of towers. I remember going to HTC's website to download the newest stock ROM. Because the sprint ROM is near the bottom of the page, I downloaded the US Cellular ROM and loaded it on my phone. The sprint guy told me that there was nothing he could do to put the sprint list of towers back on the phone, and offered me a new vogue for $55. I got 2 vogues for 200 bucks so that wouldn't be a bad deal for me... However 55 bucks in my pocket is nicer than 55 bucks in the sprint stores cash register. anyone have any ideas? i flashed the sprint ROM from HTC's website now and thats why im stuck in digital roam... PLEASE HELP!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue