PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: bricked vogue...

try dcd's carrier .cabs
Old 11-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

NeCCo13 is a n00b

tried loading the .cab file and nothing...please im up for trying anything... ANYTHING AT ALL!!!
Old 11-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

NeCCo13 is a n00b

The whole reason i got into this mess was because when I was loading my new ROM something went wrong and wiped everything from the phone. If I unplug my phone during the ROM update or something like that or could possibly wipe everything from the phone not only a hard reset, but wiping everything, maybe i could load the stock sprint ROM again and it would be fixed... Are there any safe ways of wiping absolutely everything from my phone and then do a storage ROM flash? Thanks!
Old 11-28-2008, 11:27 PM
Chillin'

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Flash the Sprint ROM before doing so take out your sd card if you have one and just give it a shot...
Old 11-29-2008, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT PAYS ME

dashiot is keeping up the good workdashiot is keeping up the good work

Ok, well I have one for everyone. What if you are at the HTC smart mobility boot screen, and where the radio version should be, it says "No Radio", under that it says "D 1.12" and will not go past this point. So there is no usb syncing going on, send-end-reset does nothing and for the life of me i cannot find the SD card flash tutorial. Any ideas???
Old 11-29-2008, 12:41 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

NeCCo13 is a n00b

flashing a ROM via the sd card is pretty simple... in the folder of your specified ROM, go to the one that is named RUU_signed.nbh. Rename that file to VOGUIMG.nbh. Place that file and that file alone onto the SD card which should be formatted to FAT32 (the part of the puzzle I was missing for a while). Place the sd card into the slot and load into bootloader. follow on screen instructions from that point... hope this helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

NeCCo13 is a n00b

I'm still looking for a safe way to completely wipe my device. I mean a 100% wipe of the device... If anyones got any ideas I would greatly appreciate it... I tried taking the SD out while flashing with no luck... STUPID DIGITAL ROAM!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 04:15 AM
Chillin'

Dude you flashed some kinda custom ROM or else you are just not giving all specifics I can't see why 290+ people looked at your thread and this is all that has come up... Please me more detailed in your explanation of whats going on!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT PAYS ME

dashiot is keeping up the good workdashiot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeCCo13 View Post
flashing a ROM via the sd card is pretty simple... in the folder of your specified ROM, go to the one that is named RUU_signed.nbh. Rename that file to VOGUIMG.nbh. Place that file and that file alone onto the SD card which should be formatted to FAT32 (the part of the puzzle I was missing for a while). Place the sd card into the slot and load into bootloader. follow on screen instructions from that point... hope this helps!
Would this be the same procedure for flashing the stock Sprint 6.1 rom?
Old 11-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

NeCCo13 is a n00b

alright exactly whats going on... I recieved my touch just this last summer. I put on a custom ROM, which was made by me, the first day i got it and everything has worked great up until now. I came back on this site and was looking for a new ROM to spice up my phone a little bit. I then remembered getting a text from Sprint (who is my carrier) that said that there is a new update (WM 6.1, which had the new radio and what-not) available at HTC's website. So I went to HTC's website under the support tab and looked for the sprint ROM. Being anxious to get the new ROM and not scrolling down the page all the way, I clicked on the US Cellular ROM upgrade. I flashed that ROM to my Sprint phone. My phone booted up and everything works except for that my phone was stuck in Digital Roam (meaning that i can recieve texts make calls recieve calls and everything else but im getting charged out the wazoo because im in digital roam). I looked back on HTC's site and saw the sprint ROM so i figured i would just re-flash the ROM to the upgraded Sprint one on HTC's site, and that would fix my digital roam problem. After putting the Sprint ROM onto the phone I still was stuck in Digital Roam. I then took the phone with the Sprint ROM on it to the sprint store and the techs there told me that when i flashed the wrong ROM to begin with (the US Cellular one) and that that ROM overwrote the sprint tower listings in my phone so that my phone cant see any of the sprints towers (thus the reason I'm always in digital roam). What im asking for is if there is a way that i can totally wipe my phone. I mean ROM and everything (something that totally wipes the phone and the tower list, so i can start over and load just the sprint rom and hope that that fixes my roaming issue.) Sprint told me that they have no way of putting the sprint towers list back onto my phone and said that they could give me a brand new Touch for 55 dollars, because they couldnt fix my phone. I would like to get this phone working however and not have to pay the 55 bucks for a new phone, as I am short on cash. If worse comes to worse and I cant fix this one, then I will surely be getting the 55 dollar Vogue. Hope this clears things up...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue