PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 09:19 PM
cynteeuh

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Unhappy Can you export your contacts from the device?

I've been have sync issues and now I just want to export my contacts from my device (hopefully w/pics and all details). Is this possible or is there any way to get my contacts in outlook outside of activesync?

HELP, pls!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can you export your contacts from the device?

I always just use a back up program and just place everything on my sd card thats the most simple way I save my contacts and everything if I'm gonna hard reset or reflash....PIM is a real good program also sprite
Old 10-29-2008, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: low tech vzw

imdarkside is becoming a great contributor

just download the pim backup (do a google search) and load it. then like hoover said do a backup and save to your sd card. when you get ready to reload you fire up pim again and pick the back file on your sd card. it keeps most of the settings including ringtones.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

varunb007 is keeping up the good workvarunb007 is keeping up the good work

yeah, pimbackup makes it really simple.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Chillin'

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

editted post the perp was removed

Last edited by hooover; 10-29-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:02 PM
cynteeuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
I always just use a back up program and just place everything on my sd card thats the most simple way I save my contacts and everything if I'm gonna hard reset or reflash....PIM is a real good program also sprite
That's what I did (I use Sprite), but I made the mistake of selecting to combine my items and for some reason I ended up w/duplicates, and then w/quadruplicates. Rather than de-dup them (I did try a de-dup software, but it has its own mind & deleted ppl I didn't want to delete). Lastly, I deleted all my contacts from Outlook hoping my device would add them to Outlook via sync, but now my device thinks I'm syncing to two different computers and the 'contacts' is selected for the bogus computer. When I deleted the bogus computer from my device, it deleted my contacts from my device. Now, I'm confused on how to get back to the beginning -- syncing one computer w/one device. Can you tell I'm confused at this point!

I'm reaching out to the experts for the simplest workaround to get my device syncing w/my computer, but not losing the 'contacts' on my device. Uggghhhh!

Someone, pls help!

Last edited by cynteeuh; 10-29-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Chillin'

yes you seem very confused I myself would save contacts to the sd card then hard reset your phone back to default...restore the contacts then everything will be set back to default you should sync properly without issue...this is the simplest way that I would suggest...
Old 10-30-2008, 08:04 PM
cynteeuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
yes you seem very confused I myself would save contacts to the sd card then hard reset your phone back to default...restore the contacts then everything will be set back to default you should sync properly without issue...this is the simplest way that I would suggest...
I was hoping not to have to do another hard reset, but I'll definitely try it. Is there anyway to rename the computers on my device in the registry? If I could just change them, my activesync would work.

THANK you for your help!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: low tech vzw

imdarkside is becoming a great contributor

active sync is a pain in the tail. ive done several hard resets and i love em... gives me a chance to redo everything. hard reset will bump you off vzw so you have to call in to tach *611 and get them to reset you on thier network. i only backup via sd card and pim backup now. it is easier to do it manually.

activesync gets confused so like most microsoft programs i dont let it do anything automatic. it wont recognize your "new phone" after a hard reset. also if you use many pcs it gets confused also. and when it reloads contacts you didn't want and does dup or more entries on your phone yuck...

i wait until i get my phone reset the way i want it then go back and redo active sync to sync the minimal amount of stuff i want synced. personnally i think your wasting your time trying to let active sync reset your phone the way you want it. happy halloween!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue