View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 07:02 PM
cynteeuh

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Can you export your contacts from the device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
I always just use a back up program and just place everything on my sd card thats the most simple way I save my contacts and everything if I'm gonna hard reset or reflash....PIM is a real good program also sprite
That's what I did (I use Sprite), but I made the mistake of selecting to combine my items and for some reason I ended up w/duplicates, and then w/quadruplicates. Rather than de-dup them (I did try a de-dup software, but it has its own mind & deleted ppl I didn't want to delete). Lastly, I deleted all my contacts from Outlook hoping my device would add them to Outlook via sync, but now my device thinks I'm syncing to two different computers and the 'contacts' is selected for the bogus computer. When I deleted the bogus computer from my device, it deleted my contacts from my device. Now, I'm confused on how to get back to the beginning -- syncing one computer w/one device. Can you tell I'm confused at this point!

I'm reaching out to the experts for the simplest workaround to get my device syncing w/my computer, but not losing the 'contacts' on my device. Uggghhhh!

Someone, pls help!

Last edited by cynteeuh; 10-29-2008 at 07:07 PM.