PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

aspalaasn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help! Need English Rom support Chinese

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDocta View Post
My Carrier is YMobile.. which is located in the middle east.. when i bought the phone it came with Sprint ROM and i couldn't send any unicode sms' till i switched to Hutch (before the GPS ROM came out) then tried pretty much all roms and only alltel worked ... as i said before i have tried pretty much all the settings to change the unicode in other roms but with no luck... even rstoyguy tried to help but still nothing worked except alltel's based rom. it's really weird and i really want to know what's the problem!!

i came to believe it something has to do with the SMS_Providers.dll but not sure!
I guess I'll try that next time I reflash my phone...ive done it too many times lately...thanks for the tip...if any Bell users have had it work, let me know.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Intertelecom

EugeneX9 is a n00b

Quote:
there is a setting or a driver in the alltel rom that isn't in any other rom... i cooked my own rom off the ppckitchen and the sms works fine because the rom is based on alltel. and my carrier is not alltel.. i have searched everywhere and tried a lot of settings in none alltel roms to enable unicode sms but with no luck
i don't see that key in alltel rom..!
It`s working for me.I using latest OMJ's firmware (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30332) and I can send SMS on russian language with this registry key.If I set MOSMSUseLatinEncode=1, my receiver saw only ??????.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneX9 View Post
It`s working for me.I using latest OMJ's firmware (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30332) and I can send SMS on russian language with this registry key.If I set MOSMSUseLatinEncode=1, my receiver saw only ??????.
hmm... i'll try to flash to OMJ rom and try it... the thing is that key doesn't exists in the rom i'm using right now! but i will give it a shot..

edit

can you try and delete that key and see if you are still able to send sms?? you can backup that key using resco registry editor..

Last edited by PapaDocta; 09-13-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Weird...I tried changing it to 0 it wouldnt even allow me to send a txt. I had to change it back to 1.

Quote:
hmm... i'll try to flash to OMJ rom and try it... the thing is that key doesn't exists in the rom i'm using right now! but i will give it a shot..
Let us know if it works...I'm still holding out on reflashing as I've got it setup the way I like for now...I'll do some testing when I'm ready to reflash.
I guess if it works, then OMJ must have something that the kitchen doesnt add...or maybe if alltel works too then it's something that is missing in the other carriers.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspalaasn View Post
Weird...I tried changing it to 0 it wouldnt even allow me to send a txt. I had to change it back to 1.
why don't you try and delete that key soft rest and try.. but first make a backup of it ... i'm a bit lazy to flash to bell right now
Old 09-13-2008, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
why don't you try and delete that key soft rest and try.. but first make a backup of it ... i'm a bit lazy to flash to bell right now
deleting it makes no difference...still can't send/receive
Old 09-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Intertelecom

EugeneX9 is a n00b

Quote:

edit

can you try and delete that key and see if you are still able to send sms?? you can backup that key using resco registry editor..
I deleted that key,restarted phone and sent sms after that.SMS function work without that key on my ppc.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I deleted that key,restarted phone and sent sms after that.SMS function work without that key on my ppc.
So it's not that...there must be something else in OMJ's rom that isnt in the ppckitchen. I'd really like to get unicode working for sms and emails, too bad I don't know enough.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
It is possible to support chinese, but I don't have a chinese rom to liberate the files from. If someone wants to provide a link to a chinese (or any other language) rom, I'll add chinese support to the kitchen.
hi gguruusa,

just wondering if you were able to get the chinese rom from this thread
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25127
I just noticed the link down so I don't know if you were or not. If you weren't I found I still had a copy of it.
If you're able to add chinese support to the kitchen, that would be great. I'm hoping that it would also fix sending text/messages from our phones without it being changed to ??? signs.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache (6700), Titian (6800), Vogue (6900) & Diamond (6950)
Carrier: China Telecom

Arlen knows their stuffArlen knows their stuffArlen knows their stuffArlen knows their stuffArlen knows their stuffArlen knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Arlen Send a message via Skype™ to Arlen

I noticed that you are talking about the unicode support in the ROM, well, there are several chars in the ROM, you could modify it to support the code that you need, please see the details as below:

[HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA]
MsgType="2"

1: for 7 bits
2: for 7 bits+unicode;
3: for 8 bits
4: for 8 bits + unicode;

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Setting s]
"SMSUnicode"=dword:00000001

I saw the ENG ROMs have not the above reg., you could delete it as well.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue