PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Touch official update--when?

Yeah they have told me what they thought i wanted to hear numerous times. Every time i ask them they say that the testing is almost finshed and should be released soon. I have been asking since may. On another intresting note i asked them about the gps feature and they told me that it was impossible and there was no form of gps built into my phone.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentz313 View Post
On another intresting note i asked them about the gps feature and they told me that it was impossible and there was no form of gps built into my phone.
unless of course they can come with a way of it only working with vzNavigator and $10/month!
Old 08-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work

Im sure they will, COrrect me if im wrong but didnt sprint in there official rom release make it so you can only use gps with there navigation. If they figured it out im sure verizon will.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: low tech vzw

imdarkside is becoming a great contributor

I have only had vzw as a carrier for maybe 10 years. New every two? Last contract almost switched carriers. If vzw keeps this techno milking **** up I will be switching. releasing the touch in may 2008 when sprint had it last quarter of 2007? Do they think we are all dumbassess? Yeah the masses may be but they learn quickly and vzw will fall behind as the technology releases overlaps their milking ability.

if you vzw spies monitoring these blogs dont convince your bosses to change your mode you will start to loose alot of customers. the leaders on technology are folks like these blogs and they lead the "cool" factor when they whip out their technology and the cooked mods. folks see that and then follow real quickly to find what they saw. and guess what it wont be vzw.

vzw will release wm6.1. it will be a "new" technology and everyone will think vzw is cool... but by then folks on these blogs will be unlocking wm9.4. come on vzw...

and gps...no way. it will be released in 2010. vzw has a habit of milking technology for a dollar and it is pissing me off. if i was'nt a wimp i would cook my phone but i'm not ready yet. thanks to all you geeks on your cooks and support you all are phenomenal. shame on you vzw

sorry for ranting but this one cooks my nerve so ill even do the microwage emoticon on this post!
Old 08-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken
Carrier: Sprint

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdarkside View Post
I have only had vzw as a carrier for maybe 10 years. New every two? Last contract almost switched carriers. If vzw keeps this techno milking **** up I will be switching. releasing the touch in may 2008 when sprint had it last quarter of 2007? Do they think we are all dumbassess? Yeah the masses may be but they learn quickly and vzw will fall behind as the technology releases overlaps their milking ability.

if you vzw spies monitoring these blogs dont convince your bosses to change your mode you will start to loose alot of customers. the leaders on technology are folks like these blogs and they lead the "cool" factor when they whip out their technology and the cooked mods. folks see that and then follow real quickly to find what they saw. and guess what it wont be vzw.

vzw will release wm6.1. it will be a "new" technology and everyone will think vzw is cool... but by then folks on these blogs will be unlocking wm9.4. come on vzw...

and gps...no way. it will be released in 2010. vzw has a habit of milking technology for a dollar and it is pissing me off. if i was'nt a wimp i would cook my phone but i'm not ready yet. thanks to all you geeks on your cooks and support you all are phenomenal. shame on you vzw

sorry for ranting but this one cooks my nerve so ill even do the microwage emoticon on this post!
Verizon, the evil empire of cell phone networks. Greedy as they are, I wouldn't be surprised if this update will ever see the light.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue