PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 08:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

DrRoger is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Touch official update--when?

Hi all,
has anyone heard about when we'll be getting the official VZ Touch ROM upgrade which will include Rev. A and WinMo 6.1? I've heard that GPS and VZ Navigator will NOT be part of this upgrade, anyone confirm that?

Sprint has its ROM upgrade...when's VZ coming??? An inquiring mind wants to know!!!!
Roger
Old 08-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff
Re: Verizon Touch official update--when?

do you really think vzw going to release one? The titan's been out for how long, and they're still waiting for the wm6.1 upgrade. Rumor on another thread has it that the titan's upgrade will be end of August/early September, and it will not be gps-enabled. I wouldn't hold your breath about an upgrade for the xv6900. Just my opinion.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work

totally agreed i would put my money on it never being released. if you search google there are still people talking about a 6.0 update for the 6700 which verizon said they where going to release and never did.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing

never lol
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 08-22-2008, 10:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch and xv6700

FingazFone is a n00b

the onlyway verizon will release a new version of wm6 is if it is on a new verizon phone. if they can't make money off the upgrade, then they won't release an upgrade. Im sure verizon is making its software engineers work harder on the verizon software for devices like the dare and voyager than for wm6.1.

Plus the fact that they have vznavigator, they would prob rather have people use that service than a gps with google maps or tom tom.

face it.. us verizon customers have "the network" what else can we ask for? HA
Old 08-22-2008, 10:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Threadstarter

DrRoger is just getting started

I believe there's money to be made for VZ if it offers VZ Nav. for the Touch or the 6800. It could be that there have been problems with WinMo and installing "Get It Now" on that OS.
Anyhow, I'm surely not holding my breath. In a few months, surely we'll have the Touch Diamond and if it has 6.1, Rev. A and GPS, I'm ditching my Touch no matter what it costs, and getting the Diamond.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRoger View Post
I believe there's money to be made for VZ if it offers VZ Nav. for the Touch or the 6800. It could be that there have been problems with WinMo and installing "Get It Now" on that OS.
Anyhow, I'm surely not holding my breath. In a few months, surely we'll have the Touch Diamond and if it has 6.1, Rev. A and GPS, I'm ditching my Touch no matter what it costs, and getting the Diamond.
you mean the watered down version, that is, if you stay with vzw. I suspect the only reason gps has not been enabled is that vzw can't figure out how to limit it to vzNavigator, rather than some third party app.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch and xv6700

FingazFone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRoger View Post
...In a few months, ...I'm ditching my Touch no matter what it costs, and getting the Diamond.
ohhh you don't know how bad I want my g/f to get the diamond. Shes up for a new phone soon. I want her to be able to upgrade to the diamond.. or i mean... have her get my few month old touch and I get the diamond. I was just soo happy to be rid of the 6700. not to mention, the 6700 was a pos refurbished one.

but to stay on topic.... yeah were not gonna see the a verizon update. And to be honest... why? I just flashed the upgraded OFFICIAL Sprint rom on my 6900. when i get done putting all my programs back on it, you won't even know its sprint anyway. however, right now it is funny to see the sprint logo every time reset.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

TheChampJT is just getting started

You'll get the update......NEVER!!! Just flash a custom ROM, wait time...however long it takes you to complete.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Lurker

snowds is a n00b

When I bought my 6900 a couple months ago, I asked when 6.1 would be available for it. They put me on hold for about 10 mins, and came back to tell me it would be available in September. We'll see, but call me skeptical. I like my 6900 just fine with a custom ROM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue