PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 11:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

caifalex is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flash from SD Card and TEP

I have searched numerous forum, threads, etc. and have not been able to find an answer.

I had written a while back about my mini usb port being broken and how I will be making a TEP claim by making an ESN swap with my sister's centro. I have two questions.

1- in order to make the claim I understand I have to have a clean 'shipped' ROM and after installing OMJ's custom WM 6.1 ROM I now only have the option of flashing the newest sprint offiial ROM; however, every time I try to flash from the SD card I get the bootloader tri-color screen, then it says "Loading 'no image file' "or something like that (I can't read it since it flashes so fast) then nothing. Has anyone successfully flashed from an SD card? (I downloaded the latest HTC sprint touch ROM and renaed 2.nbh to voguimg.nbh and performed the necessary steps (I formatted my card to FAT32 and it's the 512MB that came with the phone).

2- If I were to successfully install the newest ROM and take it to the sprint store for a TEP claim by making an ESN swap with my sister's TEP, once I swap back can I add TEP?

Thanks for your HELP!!

Last edited by caifalex; 08-20-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Flash from SD Card and TEP

which bootloader are you using... youll have to back it down to the 0.4x bootloader in order to flash back to a "clean" state or they might see CoKe and say 200 bucks please

Old 08-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am interested in how to go back to the .40 bootloader, I read the thread that states it is dangerous to do this, is that true?
________
Little_Lexi_XoXo

Last edited by Scrotum; 09-06-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:23 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotum View Post
I am interested in how to go back to the .40 bootloader, I read the thread that states it is dangerous to do this, is that true?
That bootloader is not protected, so it can be written over... so yes it can be dangerous
Old 08-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, I took a risk and downgraded the bootloader and ran a Sprint ROM to lock it, luckily I didnt have any problems doing so, now Sprint is saying I have water damage on my phone, which is impossible. I guess I get to call Executive services tomorrow.
________
How to roll blunts

Last edited by Scrotum; 09-06-2011 at 05:20 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:50 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotum View Post
Well, I took a risk and downgraded the bootloader and ran a Sprint ROM to lock it, luckily I didnt have any problems doing so, now Sprint is saying I have water damage on my phone, which is impossible. I guess I get to call Executive services tomorrow.
I was under the impression that with TEP, it didn't matter. If you came in and lost the phone (had nothing to show for damage) that you could get a replacement for $50. Are you certain that you had TEP @ $7 per month or was it the other insurance @ $4 per month?

Best regards,
-boggsie

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue