PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
20226 20270 kitchen how come newest alltell is 19208?

Hey guys... i know this is probably a question everyone else knows but me. We get newer Kitchen updates to PPCKitchen starting with 19508 then 20226 then 20270.

Arent these newer versions of the OS? Sort of like WinXp build versions example: XP-SP1 5080, XP-SP1 5130, XP-Sp1 5230, etc.... Why would Alltell or HTC use what appears to be such an early version of the builds?

Sorry im willing to bet this is somewhere mentioned in the faq, im going through it now but havnt found a detailed (or not detailed) explanation of how the builds are found and updated and what the higher numbers mean. (and why the numbers are what they are) And the GPS 3.02 Kitchen confuses me a bit...

i know im going to get blasted for this... but maybe someone in their pity will answer my question and it will be for the better because im sure their at least a few people who wonder the same thing but are too scared to ask for fear of pzztgotbagz blasting them for not knowin.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1
Re: 20226 20270 kitchen how come newest alltell is 19208?

I believe the 20270 build is for a different phone but was ripped to work with the touch. The 20270 is for the touch pro or diamond I believe. That os was not designed for the touch but the ppcgeeks made it work. Sort of like a honda civic with a 1.8 liter engine. Sure, you can make an accord 3.0 engine fit if you put in the work and the money but it was not designed to use that engine . Just my thought
Old 08-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

are you sure you can fit the 3.0accord engine into a Civic? i dont think its possible... unless maybe on the new model. I know its possible to put in those japanese spec motors and get more horsepower with dem fancy VTEC engines but ive never heard of cramming a 6CYL motor into a civic.

But thanks for the analogy. So the 20226 is the latest version written for the Vogue then?
Old 08-15-2008, 11:59 AM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

I saw this addressed a while ago, and JD and a few others said this about it all.

Sprint and HTC have spent hundreds of hours testing the 19208 operating system for the Vogue, and the later builds were made for the later device. so Since HTC has done there best to work out all of the bugs and make the 19208 work the best on the Vogue. The later builds will work, but were not design for the Vogue.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:09 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
I believe the 20270 build is for a different phone but was ripped to work with the touch. The 20270 is for the touch pro or diamond I believe. That os was not designed for the touch but the ppcgeeks made it work. Sort of like a honda civic with a 1.8 liter engine. Sure, you can make an accord 3.0 engine fit if you put in the work and the money but it was not designed to use that engine . Just my thought
Good analogy rose1! You taking the base of the car, (engine), and updating it with a more recent engine. Just we never get told if it's because it gets better gas mileage, has less emmisions, or what the upgrades are. Just that it has a newer number...

Old 08-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Good analogy rose1! You taking the base of the car, (engine), and updating it with a more recent engine. Just we never get told if it's because it gets better gas mileage, has less emmisions, or what the upgrades are. Just that it has a newer number...
Thanks I probably went a little too far with a 3.0 engine but I'm sure you got my point. I should have said a newer engine.

PS: You can make a 3.0 engine fit in a civic with the if you put in the time, effort, and most importantly, the MONEY
Old 08-15-2008, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

ludester is becoming a great contributor

20273 is out hopefully someone can port it to ppckitchen.

http://rapidshare.com/files/13310367...273_WWE_OS.rar
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

nice thanks for the upload. i dont know if anyone has done a swap like that... no one for their own personal use has at least

Last edited by buddhatikkigod; 08-16-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludester View Post
20273 is out hopefully someone can port it to ppckitchen.

http://rapidshare.com/files/13310367...273_WWE_OS.rar
It's already been ported, it's just not worth releasing.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

ludester is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
It's already been ported, it's just not worth releasing.
how so? I looked through it and alot of the oem software versions are quite different from the 20270
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue