PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 04:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

jay1200 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Someone with Verizon 6900 please upload your PRL!

whats OTA mean? I am having the most horrible time with my 6900. The service sucks and i dont know what to do about it. My old RAZR had much better service. I see there are PRL changing threads but i am not that good of a ppc geek and need full details step by step on how to update. anyone have any suggestions to get better reception would be 1,000 thanks
Old 08-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Threadstarter

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

Type Verizon Update PRL into google and see what happens. You should really always try that before asking your question, this forum is free and the people in the know that have been here for awhile and have learned help us people not in the know but theirs only so many questions they can answer so especially in the beginning when a lot of your questions are going to be somewhat easily answered you need to check for the answer to the problem yourself before asking the question.

This helps because a lot of time in looking up the answer you'll find answers to other questions that will pop up later.

Last edited by buddhatikkigod; 08-19-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:42 PM
N00b

jay1200 is a n00b

Buddah please read what you write before posting a reply because i have no clue what your trying to say. By the way i have done many searches and thought those who have fixed the problem would be the best to ask rather than get random info on google, But thanks for letting me know what i should and shouldnt write on a FREE site.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1200 View Post
Buddah please read what you write before posting a reply because i have no clue what your trying to say. By the way i have done many searches and thought those who have fixed the problem would be the best to ask rather than get random info on google, But thanks for letting me know what i should and shouldnt write on a FREE site.
I think he was nicely just trying to say do your research. Whether he was right or wrong to say that isn't for me to say. However since you don't know what OTA means it shows you are relatively new to this as we all are/were at some point. So search around first here and see what what you can find. Also check XDA-Developers. I know you said you have searched, but I i know I have seen threads on PRL updates on either this site or the one above. Good luck.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1200 View Post
whats OTA mean? I am having the most horrible time with my 6900. The service sucks and i dont know what to do about it. My old RAZR had much better service. I see there are PRL changing threads but i am not that good of a ppc geek and need full details step by step on how to update. anyone have any suggestions to get better reception would be 1,000 thanks
Dial *228 option 2 to update your PRL with Verizon... Over The Air

Last edited by denasqu; 08-20-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

i explained pretty clearly before but i'll do it again. If you had just tried typing Verizon Update PRL or even just Verizon PRL into google search you'd get your answer without asking anyone. Before asking any question you should always try to search first. The very first site to come up is from Verizon themselves detailing how to update your PRL.

heres the first link provided in the google search

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/howTo/prlHowTo.jsp

its funny that because you didnt read it correctly before you assumed i had just typed a mess of words when my directions are pretty clear

Last edited by buddhatikkigod; 08-20-2008 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:10 PM
N00b

jay1200 is a n00b

I have done the 228 update quite often thats just not cutting it, i see much about going in and updating the PRL yourself by and wanted to learn more about that procedure. Therefore when i found anything on the over-the-air updating of PRL through Verizon i disregarded it since ive done it so many times. thanks for everyones help and sorry i am so new at updating my phone, but i am trying to be a quick learner.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well their is another way, thats what this entire post is about. I got the newest PRL from someone on the Verizon network with the same phone as us. I figure'd i might have better luck with a PRL already written on a verizon 6900 then one just downloaded OTA.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:59 AM
N00b

jay1200 is a n00b

seems i can no longer bare the horrible service verizon produces on the VX6900 i am going to give it another week and then it goes back to the company. The tech at corporate told me i dropped 6% of my calls this past month and that doesnt include all the incomings i told the caller that i would call them on a landline in a minute knowing the service will drop. the shame is i am in a very populated area and there should be no reason for such a problem in service, and overall i highly doubt its a defect in this one phone.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:21 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The reception on the 6900 is not nearly as good as the 6800 in fringe areas. The same prl will do the same thing manually loaded as done OTA. Get a 6800 if you are having reception issues. 51056 is the newest evdo prl and thats what a *228 will give you manually loading it will not have any difference. I have tried several different radios on the 6900 and none even give 80% of the 6800's reception.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 08-23-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue