PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Someone with Verizon 6900 please upload your PRL!

thats how i got the phone working on the service but im still stuck in roam
Old 08-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhatikkigod View Post
Well i am having trouble with constantly roaming, i am not 100% sure but i thought if someone had a PRL copied from the same phone as mine it might help vs using a PRL from the internet. Also the PRL's from the internet arent new, the newest one is 51056 but the newest one i can find on the internet is 51020

Roldandroland i zipped up a copy of the CDMA Program that you use and ive also included a copy of the 6900 Wmodem drivers incase you dont have those AND a pda .cab file that will install a folder into your "Progams" folder that has a link for each ## number (##778#, ##775, ##3424# etc....) This is there because some people can't dial the numbers with the ppckitchen dialers and also its easier to just clink a link then dial the numbers.

http://rapidshare.com/files/137149158/6900stuff.rar

Ok so put your phone in diag mode by either dialing ##3424# on your phone or putting the ##_codes.cab file i gave you onto your phone and installing it by double clicking on it. It as i mentioned the cab install will put a folder in your Programs folder with a link to the Diagnostic program. So once the Diag Program is loaded up a screen with some text will appear and then possibly disappear after a few seconds, its still running its just running in the background. Hook up your phone to your pc.

Extract CDMA Workshop and run it. Select the com port your phone is on and click OK. If youre not sure what com port its on just run down the list. Click the com port, then click connect. If the status screen says it doesnt exist move down to the next one till you get a succesful connection. Then click read, if it works youre good if not its the next com port down. Click READ a few times to make sure its all good. The program will ask for your MSL code at some point during all this im not sure where, pop that in (i'll include GETSPC just incase you dont know your MSL... but heres hoping you do). Once inside CDMA go to the "other" tab, you have to click over a bit to find it. Use the command READ for the PRL on NAM1. If you feel like it also do NAM2 im not sure if the NAM2 PRL serves a purpose though.
Going to try it shortly.

-Roland

Updated: I did not get prompted for my MSL. It said it read it fine but I am not sure how to validate if the file is good.
My phone reports the PRL as 51056.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 6900.zip (3.1 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by rolandroland; 08-14-2008 at 10:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ndnygaard is becoming a great contributor

I flashed a 6800 to verizon and got stuck in ROAM. Never did know why. So I am kinda followin this isssue
Old 08-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

well heres hoping this works! THANK YOU SO MUCH ROLANDROLAND!!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

No problem. If that doesn't work and you think NAM2 will help I'll pull that as well. I was going to do both but something came up at work and figured I better post that one before I totally forgot.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks, i tried it but no go Apparently this isnt the cause of my problem... it must be something else keeping me from getting internet and off of roaming. I appreciate your upload.

I just dont get why this phone has 2 nams and why the 6700 only has one.

again Roland youre a good guy for going to that trouble.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I tried exporting NAM2 and it said there was no information. So I don't that would have helped anyway.

Unfornately CE isn't my area of expertise in IT otherwise I could be of more help.

No problem with the help, I ask a bunch of questions here so I figure I owe it others to help them out when I can.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ndnygaard is becoming a great contributor

First, are you on the Verizon rom. Or are you using a custom rom? Second what radio are you running. I have found that you will get this problem if you use a non stock verizon rom.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I imagine if he was running a stock 6900 he would have just swap/returned it already.

You also may want to try the tutorial for if you let PPST run (if you haven't already), may be a related problem even if you didn't.

It is at almost the end of the first post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30109
Old 08-18-2008, 05:16 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnygaard View Post
I flashed a 6800 to verizon and got stuck in ROAM. Never did know why. So I am kinda followin this isssue
Non native to vzw 6800 and 6900's (ie. originally a mogul on sprint) show the roam as they have another carrier's PRI on them. Untill an official upgrade is released for the xv6800 and xv6900 with a new PRI version in the update the roam icon will not go away.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue