PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2008, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Bell

mfpreach is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best turn by turn software? IGO8 Tom Tom? Other?

I went to the NavNgo website and they didn't offer Igo from their site. Also it appears its only for Europe??

Just wondering where you guys got your copy of Igo 8 and i'm not asking for warez, i'm just wondering where you buy this product.

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

your answer is in your response how we have it- its not offered in the Us as of yet though.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:29 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

my vote goes to IGO8
Old 08-11-2008, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (CDMA)
Carrier: Bell Mobility

ckl_88 is just getting started

I currently use IGO8 mainly because it's map movement is almost continuous as opposed to Garmin which moves the map every second or so.

One thing that annoys me about IGO8 and Garmin is that they don't have a feature to turn off U-turns unless absolutely necessary. For example, IGO8 happily instructed me to do a u-turn at a very dangerous intersection not to mention that u-turns there were illegal. IGO8 will also repeatedly tell you to do a u-turn and go back at every intersection even though you know the destination can be reached by going forward.

Other things that you should be aware of is that IGO8 is chatty whereas Garmin not so much. So if you don't like your nav software constantly beeping and giving you instructions, then go with Garmin.

As for routing calculations and efficiency I think Garmin is better. I have IGO8 installed on my own Touch as well as my wife's Touch. We decided to turn on nav at the same time in the same car just for some amusement. We put in the same destination and upon approaching an intersection, my touch told me to turn left and her touch told her to turn right... although both directions can lead to the same destination. So I thought her routing method was different but upon checking it, it was the same as mine so I was confused and amused at the same time.

In Canada, the IGO8 maps are a little out-dated whereas Garmin maps are more up-to-date.

The reason I chose IGO8 is the ability to read out street names and the smooth and continuous map movement while navigating.

BTW, stay away from Route66... it sucks.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue

ugabuga is just getting started

I just installed IGO8 on my Touch for the ability to read out street names, but I tested it out last night and it did the usual turn right in 400 ft etc...no announciing street names Is there a option or something to turn on/off?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugabuga View Post
I just installed IGO8 on my Touch for the ability to read out street names, but I tested it out last night and it did the usual turn right in 400 ft etc...no announciing street names Is there a option or something to turn on/off?
you need to add those files in. you should be able to find them where you got the program.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

oski is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to oski

i want igo8....where do i get it from
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue