PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

mtnmedic is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"Dialed: #777 Unable to connect..." often

This is something I just started to experience since the new 6.1 ROM (leaked _2 and "official _4 versions). I live five miles away from the nearest tower yet I am outside of the Sprint PCS operating area (I'm in the mountains) so, techically, I reside in a "fringe" reception area. This means at times I'm lucky to get one, 1.5 bars on the reception strength indicator. Sometimes it depends on the location in my house where the phone is (I have two spots where I set it down and leave it at). Often it switches between roaming and 1x. Naturally, I'll get the "Dialed: #777 cannot connect..." error message. That's expected at times.

However, what's cropped up is that once I get this error message, the phone will NOT connect until I do a soft reset. This even happens when I"m in the metro area where there is excellent coverage...it happens even when I get the slightest moment of poor reception. Now it's several times a day which I have to do a soft reset in order to "repair" my connection.

My Touch never behaved this way before. Before, it would give me that error message (annoyingly a few times when I'm in a bad reception area for a while), but once in range, it'd automatically work fine. Now, for any reason should I get the error status, I have to do a soft reset.

Has anyone else run into this?

"No...but if we think fast enough, we just might live to lie about it."
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2
Carrier: Sprint

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: "Dialed: #777 Unable to connect..." often

Try downgrading your PRL to 60610 and see if this helps. I kept getting those messages with the new 60613.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

mtnmedic is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
Try downgrading your PRL to 60610 and see if this helps. I kept getting those messages with the new 60613.
Hmmm...Okay. I have been using 60711 for a long time (before and after the ROM updates). I think I might have had the same symptoms with 60613, which the ROM came packed with. Maybe I'll try 60612 to start with?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

yettie10ff is a n00b

I've had the same problem, however I've found an alternative to the soft-reset that works almost all the time. All I do is switch the phone into airplane mode and then wait 5 seconds and then turn it back into phone mode.

Like I said, I don't think this works every time, but in most cases it does the trick.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

This error started popping up on me about a week ago. I don't think it's directly connected to WM v6.1 because I've had 6.1 quite a bit longer. After a few days of this error popping up, I started making sure to not leave any Web browser on one of those automatically refreshing pages, not even in the background, nor on a background tab. Have had no problems since being careful with auto-refresh pages. Hope your problem is as easy to solve, though it seems not so easy.

Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 08-07-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: us cellular

mr.kabulo is a n00b

Retro bump Same thing is happening (for a couple months) to me on my touch pro. It will work normally for an hour and then I need to soft reset to use the internet in any way. It's kind of ruined the coolness of this phone for me even if the airplane mode thing works. Hard resets didn't work, wm os changes didn't work, turning all automatic updates off didn't work. I switched mode of operation to 1X only when was on hybrid - hopefully it will work.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kabulo View Post
Retro bump Same thing is happening (for a couple months) to me on my touch pro. It will work normally for an hour and then I need to soft reset to use the internet in any way. It's kind of ruined the coolness of this phone for me even if the airplane mode thing works. Hard resets didn't work, wm os changes didn't work, turning all automatic updates off didn't work. I switched mode of operation to 1X only when was on hybrid - hopefully it will work.
depending on who your carrier is...since i am with verizon I like to dial *228 every time I flash a rom and use program phone.

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 09-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: us cellular

mr.kabulo is a n00b

I use UScellular and it dials #777. Is 228 sprint only?
Old 09-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Telus

tk123456 is a n00b

hey
i am with telus
n m gettin the same problem
HTC Touch P3050
plzz can some1 help me
Old 09-27-2009, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Incredible
Carrier: Sprint Sero Baby!!!

gedster314 is keeping up the good workgedster314 is keeping up the good work

Sprint here, same problem with my Vogue. I thought it was just something up with my phone. Kind of glad it's not only me.

Radio Version 3.42.30
PRL 60652
PRI 2.04_003
Running 6.1 rom. One of JD's Hybrids. Been using it for over a year without issue. Past few weeks been having this issue.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue