View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 04:49 PM
mtnmedic
PPCGeeks Regular

mtnmedic is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"Dialed: #777 Unable to connect..." often

This is something I just started to experience since the new 6.1 ROM (leaked _2 and "official _4 versions). I live five miles away from the nearest tower yet I am outside of the Sprint PCS operating area (I'm in the mountains) so, techically, I reside in a "fringe" reception area. This means at times I'm lucky to get one, 1.5 bars on the reception strength indicator. Sometimes it depends on the location in my house where the phone is (I have two spots where I set it down and leave it at). Often it switches between roaming and 1x. Naturally, I'll get the "Dialed: #777 cannot connect..." error message. That's expected at times.

However, what's cropped up is that once I get this error message, the phone will NOT connect until I do a soft reset. This even happens when I"m in the metro area where there is excellent coverage...it happens even when I get the slightest moment of poor reception. Now it's several times a day which I have to do a soft reset in order to "repair" my connection.

My Touch never behaved this way before. Before, it would give me that error message (annoyingly a few times when I'm in a bad reception area for a while), but once in range, it'd automatically work fine. Now, for any reason should I get the error status, I have to do a soft reset.

Has anyone else run into this?

"No...but if we think fast enough, we just might live to lie about it."
This post has been thanked 1 times.