PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: sprint

pjrey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
task manager on left (after reset)

this is very minor.. just curious if any one else is experiencing it... got the newest of the new _4 sprint rom... and after a fresh soft reset, if i hit the task manager (top right icon) the drop down is moved over to the LEFT all the way, convering the START menu... if i close it and roll it up, and hit it agian, its directly below.. and will function normally, its only the first time after a fresh reset... kinda strange...
not a biggie, just curious more than anything...

thanks
pj

EDIT: still learning my lefts and rights.. thanks mr.goodtunes...

Last edited by pjrey; 07-19-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:08 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: task manager on left (after reset)

I get the same thing , Thought it was just me .. T M Z
Old 07-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjrey View Post
...drop down is moved over to the right all the way, convering the START menu...
PJ, you're making me disslecksic! I guess you wrote "right" but mean "left" as in the subject header? If so, this has not happened to me, and the task menu is usually the first thing I tap after a soft reset, because of wanting to see where the percentage of program memory went down to, as well as to close ActiveSync and see if 1 more percent becomes available. I'm running an early grab of the leaked Sprint upgrade ROM, but without allowing Sprint customizations. Maybe you could try it that way, you have to be quick on the soft reset button 'cuz it doesn't really give you the full 3 seconds that the pop-up claims. Any Sprint customizations you actually want can still be installed by using their CABs, in \Windows\ folder.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:36 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

This happens to me as well after a soft-reset. No biggie though, as it only does it the first time.

Although it is really wierd .

Oh, and it's spelled Disleksic

Last edited by stevedog1; 07-19-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:42 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

[QUOTE=MrGoodtunes;353489]PJ, If so, this has not happened to me, and the task menu is usually the first thing I tap after a soft reset, because of wanting to see where the percentage of program memory went down to, as well as to close ActiveSync and see if 1 more percent becomes available.QUOTE]

Haha... I do the exact same thing. And I am having the same problem, it looks like the task manager is the start menu when this happens.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:47 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes View Post
PJ I'm running an early grab of the leaked Sprint upgrade ROM
This problem does not occur on the original Sprint Leaked ROM that you are running.

The OP states that he is running the newest ROM which has just leaked a 1 1/2 days or so ago, and this seems to be a problem with this particular revision.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:57 PM
tmz
VIP Member

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community

This is what (pjrey) and I are talking about. I attached a pic of it. This is from the newest rom, not the leaked one from last week. But from the htc website. It's really not a big deal, after tappign it one time it's gone unless you do a soft reset.

Thanks T M Z
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01[1] (14).jpg (8.6 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-20-2008, 08:42 PM
tmz
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
This is what (pjrey) and I are talking about. I attached a pic of it. This is from the newest rom, not the leaked one from last week. But from the htc website. It's really not a big deal, after tappign it one time it's gone unless you do a soft reset.

Thanks T M Z
I have done a total of #4 hard resets and got rid of all of my bugs. The only thing that is left, is this. Which I don't know if it's a bug or not. Does anyone else have this after soft reset? Tap it once and it goes back to normal.

Thanks T M Z

P.S. when i say all of my bugs , there was only 1 it was with text notification.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01[1] (14).jpg (8.6 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I have the same issue, running the newest rom (not leaked from last week). Irritating but really harmless nonetheless, as it only happens once after a soft reset. Though I would like to see it get fixed...
Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

ivtec20 is a n00b

I've got the same problem, but I feel like it's not just once after a soft reset (although I could be wrong). Like I just checked it now and it came up on the wrong side, but I haven't soft reset since last night.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue