PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch CDMA
Carrier: Cricket

jwfm1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: $50 for 1st person..internet on HTC Touch Cricket

I am on the $45 plan and playing with the following settings you can get "http" only working.

Next go to Security
HDR AN AUTH USER ID : Your number @mycricket.com
PPP User ID Your number @mycricket.com
PPP Password: cricket

The Last step:
Go To M.IP Settings
Change it to Simple IP only

Once you have done this Hit Menu then OK and phone will Ask you if you are sure you want to update and hit ok. Phone will restart.

WAP Set Up

1. Go to Start, Settings, Connections, Connections

2. Go to Mange existing connections, at this point you can make a new one or edit one, I did edit, Rename Alltel to Cricket or Cricket WAP, Dial String should be set to #777, Username is Your Cricket Number @mycricket.com, password: cricket After that hit done.

3. Next Go to Proxy Settings, Make sure that Both boxes are checked, and for the Proxy
server make sure you type in wap.mycricket.com, Go to Advanced then delete the Socks entry and change the port on the HTTP to 8080, it should also read wap.mycricket.com. After this make sure that save and after that go to Internet Explorer and go to a website, at this point if you can view a website i.e google.com or some other website then your good to go.

I cannot get Steaming Media Player or SlingBox Mobile working. Let me know if anybody can know if the "Mobile Web" they really litallity mean HTTP only.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: cricket

the88man is a n00b

i need help I'm a cricket customer so I went on ebay and bought a htc touch 6900 and the guys said he flashed it to work with cricket. So i got it and it does nto work come to find out it wont work in a triband are which im in...is there a way to make this work???? HELLLPPPP
Old 12-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the88man View Post
i need help I'm a cricket customer so I went on ebay and bought a htc touch 6900 and the guys said he flashed it to work with cricket. So i got it and it does nto work come to find out it wont work in a triband are which im in...is there a way to make this work???? HELLLPPPP
NO!
I'm sorry to brake the news but the Vogue is only CDMA dual band 800/1900 MHZ and WILL NOT operate in crickets AWS 1700 MHZ market. There is no way to make it work. Thats the bad thing with ebay allot of sellers will not tell you it won't work in a tri band area just to make the sale. But then again allot of buyers don't ask! My last eBay auction for a cricket HTC device had over 20 questions about the tri band markets and even after answering each question the same the winning bidder was in a triband market and failed to pay or communicate.
But you may have other options like reselling it or activating it on another carrier. What area are you in?
Old 12-10-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

ss0mohit is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan008 View Post
Hi, I recently purchase an HTC Touch flashed for Cricket (originally for Sprint). I would like to view the internet, especially sites like You Tube, ESPN etc. I can only get basic internet - just page browsing with no media...

I tried downloading the Opera Mini, but that did not work...some error about the internet. The reason i am asking for help is that i am very new to this and do not want to experiment on my own and mess up my phone totally.

Please respond only if you know for certain that you can get the phone to work to surf the net at a good speeds, with streaming videos, music etc. Please note that I have a Cricket Flash on my phone.

Please email me with your contact information, and if we collaborate successfully, I will Paypal $50 to your account. This is the only form of payment I will tender, so please do not ask me to pay via other methods.

Again, I am a novice, you will have to walk me through the whole process...sorry about that in advance!

Thank you!

Please email me at email deleted by Coz
are you running a custom rom? (like the rom that came stock with the phone if you hard reset it?)
and no need for money... as said before, people will do it for free.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:34 AM
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss0mohit View Post
are you running a custom rom? (like the rom that came stock with the phone if you hard reset it?)
and no need for money... as said before, people will do it for free.
You do realize the post you are quoting is over a year old???
Old 12-10-2009, 01:36 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by the88man View Post
I did a little more research and there is an experimental solution on HoFo
Take a look give it a try if you want but I do not think it will allow OTASP or data/mms.
http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...&highlight=PRL
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue