PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Will Sprint/HTC Release on June 30, 2008 the new Sprint Touch Rom
YES sprint will release it today, its a monday after all and it was leaked last week 8 5.93%
NO, Sprint wants us to buy an Instinct instead 33 24.44%
NO, It's been delayed again 30 22.22%
Who cares, I got the leaked one anyway... 75 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

zaya is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: June 30, 2008 8:32 am No new ROM Released Officialy Yet From Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
LOL.....sorry I don't mean to be rude....but.....what did you think you were getting? Does anyone really think that Sprint uses RapidShare to distribute their ROMs, or that they give it to DCD to announce on xda-developers?

Dave
That was pretty funny!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
WOW, this is news to me. Yes, it does make a difference. Lot of us hate having to flash our phones many times. So there may be little change between this and when it comes out, but I would be surprised if it is not slightly different.
I flashed my touch to the "unOfficial rom last week when it was posted and I havent' had any problems since I did a hard reset two hours after I flashed it. So i'm not sure what people are complaining about as far as having to re-flash over and over again.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
sorry dude but it is not on the sprint or htc web sites

go to www.sprint.com/downloads and select windows ce not their.... so it has not been released by sprint it has just been leaked by sprint...

also noticed how the word "official" is crossed out?
Is there ever a rom update posted at www.sprint.com/downloads? I don't see the rom update for the Motorola Q9c that was released almost a month ago on the Sprint site. I think it'll be posted on HTC's site not Sprint's.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
Is there ever a rom update posted at www.sprint.com/downloads? I don't see the rom update for the Motorola Q9c that was released almost a month ago on the Sprint site. I think it'll be posted on HTC's site not Sprint's.
http://www4.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/s...oads/items.jsp
http://www4.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/s...ds/details.jsp

or www.sprint.com/downloads then from the drop down box select windows ce
Old 06-30-2008, 05:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Ok first off guys I told y'all that this update wouldn't come until mid-July....I have people who have access to lvl. 3 technical support and higher in Sprint and people who are designing it and they have said the official ROM is still in the works....there's more updates and programs to come in the official....the one that out now is still just a leaked rom that's Unofficial
Old 06-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

The "Official" upgrade will come when it comes... until then I will have fun flashing a ROM a day since I'm never 100% satisfied anyways.

[
Old 06-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor

i reflashed to the orginal rom with the unlocker.,..
Old 06-30-2008, 10:25 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Ok first off guys I told y'all that this update wouldn't come until mid-July....I have people who have access to lvl. 3 technical support and higher in Sprint and people who are designing it and they have said the official ROM is still in the works....there's more updates and programs to come in the official....the one that out now is still just a leaked rom that's Unofficial
Then I'm even happier since I like this ROM a lot so far!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

superflysocal is just getting started

I am glad alot of you like to flash your phones, and I am glad alot of you are happy with the current leaked ROM. But there are quite a few who wanted to wait for the Official ROM, so that they only have to flash once and not have to worry about future warranty issues, etc. among many other reasons. I am glad a ROM got leaked out for many to test and play with. All I am saying is, if it is a leaked ROM, then it is not THE OFFICIAL ROM, so just call it that, a leaked ROM, and let us individual decide if we want to upgrade or not, that's all.

When one of the early leaked ROM for the Mogul came out, alot of people upgraded their phones. But alot of people chose not to also, and those people were even more glad when the Official one came out which fixed the bugs the leaked one had. The early adopters got what they wanted and the conservative people got what they wanted.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:29 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
As for the poll...I seriously doubt if it will be released now that they can read about all the little issues the ROM has, (although none are major). I am in the camp that this was leaked to xda and ppcgeeks on purpose, for free beta testing.
I hope that's the case, though that's giving Sprint more credit than they deserve.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue