PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Will Sprint/HTC Release on June 30, 2008 the new Sprint Touch Rom
YES sprint will release it today, its a monday after all and it was leaked last week 8 5.93%
NO, Sprint wants us to buy an Instinct instead 33 24.44%
NO, It's been delayed again 30 22.22%
Who cares, I got the leaked one anyway... 75 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
June 30, 2008 8:32 am No new ROM Released Officialy Yet From Sprint

It is not 8:32 am on Mondya June 30, 2008 I am sitting here at work waiting for the new rom to be available from Sprint and or HTC... (The none leaked version) So when is Sprint going to Post the rom on www.sprint.com/downloads or on the htc site... http://www.htc.com/us/FAQ_Detail.asp...p_id=76&cat=66

I wonder why sprint always releases a rom on a monday instead of when it is completed... ITs been tested, why wait... just release it... people want it... unless sprint leaks it to sites like www.xda-developers.com and www.ppcgeeks.com to have us "TEST" it to see what we are saying about the rom. So that if something comes up then sprint can delay the rom and fix the issues. I think some people are having issues with gps...
Old 06-30-2008, 08:52 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: June 30, 2008 8:32 am No new ROM Released Officialy Yet From Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
It is not 8:32 am on Mondya June 30, 2008 I am sitting here at work waiting for the new rom to be available from Sprint and or HTC... (The none leaked version) So when is Sprint going to Post the rom on www.sprint.com/downloads or on the htc site... http://www.htc.com/us/FAQ_Detail.asp...p_id=76&cat=66

I wonder why sprint always releases a rom on a monday instead of when it is completed... ITs been tested, why wait... just release it... people want it... unless sprint leaks it to sites like www.xda-developers.com and www.ppcgeeks.com to have us "TEST" it to see what we are saying about the rom. So that if something comes up then sprint can delay the rom and fix the issues. I think some people are having issues with gps...
I thought the official release was released already?!

Old 06-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

It is, It was released last week. Go here for proof http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...le-6-1-update/
Old 06-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I thought the official release was released already?!
no sprint has not released it yet and if you go to a sprint store with 6.1 on your device right now they will say its your problem you put a rom that has not been released yet.

Sprint has not released this rom, it was leaked. So not sure if this is the final or not since it has opera web browser in it i thinking this is a custom rom of some sort with opers in it. The only phone that htc has with opera is the diamond and it has 9.5 opera this rom has 8.x opera.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
It is, It was released last week. Go here for proof http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...le-6-1-update/
sorry dude but it is not on the sprint or htc web sites

go to www.sprint.com/downloads and select windows ce not their.... so it has not been released by sprint it has just been leaked by sprint...

also noticed how the word "official" is crossed out?
Old 06-30-2008, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch by HTCâ„¢

joe3789 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
This is what Engadget's post states (they corrected themselves ... there is still no official update yet):

Sprint's HTC Touch (Vogue) gets Windows Mobile 6.1 update

by Darren Murph, posted Jun 26th 2008 at 10:33AM

Hey, Vogue users -- jealous of your Mogul toting friends, are you? Put all that angst aside, as an official Sprint firmware update has just been loosed that adds Windows Mobile 6.1 among other things. Not much else to say beyond that, and besides, shouldn't you have that download started already?

[Via phoneArena]

Update: Whoa there, just a word of warning -- Sprint has reached out to us to let us know that this is actually not an official update, and it "does not support unauthorized or beta software updates for its devices." xda-developers often does good work, but just be careful with this one and make sure you understand that Sprint won't be bailing you out if you get yourself up a creek with this one!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

anthony67 is keeping up the good workanthony67 is keeping up the good workanthony67 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
Update: Whoa there, just a word of warning -- Sprint has reached out to us to let us know that this is actually not an official update, and it "does not support unauthorized or beta software updates for its devices." xda-developers often does good work, but just be careful with this one and make sure you understand that Sprint won't be bailing you out if you get yourself up a creek with this one!

It makes sense to leak the ROM to XDA and have thousands of beta testers posting all the bugs. Less work for Sprint.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

See here's the thing, I don't get why people are scared of flashing the leaked official ROM? I mean how much different can it get between now and the official release? The main functionality we want is GPS/Rev A and it worked great after flashed.

In my opinion, people are making such a big deal about what is being official and what is leaked.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

superflysocal is just getting started

WOW, this is news to me. Yes, it does make a difference. Lot of us hate having to flash our phones many times. So there may be little change between this and when it comes out, but I would be surprised if it is not slightly different.

Personally if had known that it was not the real official rom, i would have not upgraded.

i also know when the real one comes out, I will upgrade again, spending more hours reloading everything.

D@mn you endgadget!

edit: And when this happened in the past with the mogul, the final release was different than the leaked one as far as bugs and stability.

Personally I would like to see everyone who started a thread concerning anything about the leaked ROM to change there title and first post to reflect that it is not an "Official" release but a leaked release so that later when the real one comes out, if we have to reference back to the these threads we will know if it was referring to Official rom or leaked rom.

We should start a new poll: If you knew it was not an official release, would you have upgraded?

Last edited by superflysocal; 06-30-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
WOW, this is news to me. Yes, it does make a difference. Lot of us hate having to flash our phones many times. So there may be little change between this and when it comes out, but I would be surprised if it is not slightly different.

Personally if had known that it was not the real official rom, i would have not upgraded.

i also know when the real one comes out, I will upgrade again, spending more hours reloading everything.

D@mn you endgadget!

edit: And when this happened in the past with the mogul, the final release was different than the leaked one as far as bugs and stability.

Personally I would like to see everyone who started a thread concerning anything about the leaked ROM to change there title and first post to reflect that it is not an "Official" release but a leaked release so that later when the real one comes out, if we have to reference back to the these threads we will know if it was referring to Official rom or leaked rom.

We should start a new poll: If you knew it was not an official release, would you have upgraded?
i just find it interesting that the leaked on says shipped in the file name...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue