PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Touch vs. instant
touch fan 36 90.00%
instint fan 2 5.00%
not a fan of either 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 02:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

tiggermaster23@yahoo.com is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not fair!!

I have had my sprint touch since the day it came out in Nov/07. Im mad because it seem as if sprint has forgotten about the people that has purchased it. They keep saying that GPS is coming and updates to the phone. But noe that the instint is out all efforts are going to it. The sad part is that there are not doing ANYTHING for people that are already customers to help them get one without paying 500.00 or adding another loine to there account. I love my touch but I feel that they need to upgrade the firmwearso we can have some of the features of there so called Iphone killer.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

psvillars is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to psvillars
Re: Not fair!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggermaster23@yahoo.com View Post
I have had my sprint touch since the day it came out in Nov/07. Im mad because it seem as if sprint has forgotten about the people that has purchased it. They keep saying that GPS is coming and updates to the phone. But noe that the instint is out all efforts are going to it. The sad part is that there are not doing ANYTHING for people that are already customers to help them get one without paying 500.00 or adding another loine to there account. I love my touch but I feel that they need to upgrade the firmwearso we can have some of the features of there so called Iphone killer.
Hey if you're looking to get an instinct you might check best buy I'm and existing customer with a 2 year upgrade discount and picked up the instinct for 129.99. So far i love it coming from the touch(still have it gave it to my mom) it's a bit of an adjustment because when i finished hacking the touch i had it working pretty good but the instinct does all the things i was looking for without hacking it(gps, music, email) it's got some bugs but the fact that it can be updated wirelessly is a plus all in all if you're not quite happy with the touch or don't feel like re-installing all your software everytime an update eventually makes it's way to the public(i have installed the latest update with gps) then you'll love the instinct.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch
Carrier: VZW

martin is a n00b

Good luck syncing the Instinct with Outlook. Apparently the device requires that you sync your Outlook to Sprint servers and then to your Instinct. We just had 2 customers come in the other day complaining endlessly about the device and they walked out with 2 new xv6900s.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
Hey if you're looking to get an instinct you might check best buy I'm and existing customer with a 2 year upgrade discount and picked up the instinct for 129.99. So far i love it coming from the touch(still have it gave it to my mom) it's a bit of an adjustment because when i finished hacking the touch i had it working pretty good but the instinct does all the things i was looking for without hacking it(gps, music, email) it's got some bugs but the fact that it can be updated wirelessly is a plus all in all if you're not quite happy with the touch or don't feel like re-installing all your software everytime an update eventually makes it's way to the public(i have installed the latest update with gps) then you'll love the instinct.
i work at best buy in the mobile department, and the sale on the instinct will end on wednesday.. so basically you all have 2 days left to get the phone for 129.99.. i sold 5 of em myself today, and one to my gf an her dad yesterday.. been selling that freakin device like water lol.. its nice and all but im not leaving my touch.. but it DEF is a nice phone.. dont down it.. and to the OP.. dude jus flash a new rom an use the gps on that an quit whining

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 06-30-2008, 03:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to dicast

this is a vogue forum, what do you expect? as much as i hating to flash a new rom every week, that's the beauty of it....
Old 06-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

I will be sticking with my Touch for a while.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

anthony67 is keeping up the good workanthony67 is keeping up the good workanthony67 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggermaster23@yahoo.com View Post
Um......just flash the new ROM that came out last week and you'll have everything you think your missing.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony67 View Post
Um......just flash the new ROM that came out last week and you'll have everything you think your missing.
I upgraded to the new ROM and I am loving it so far. Only issue I have with it is the Vista Cube 2.0 on this site does not want to work well with it, and won't uninstall, but I don't use the cube that often anyways so it's no biggie to me.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.....

I'm sorry, but the instinct is little more than a regular phone with a touch interface. Windows Mobile provides so much more oppurtunity for customization than the Instinct does. Just as an example, listening to Sirius Radio. Or the different GPS apps to chose from. Or the kitchens....

I dunno...to each his own I guess. For me personally, I prefer the touch to some proprietary interface that Sprint has complete control over.

And the BEST reason to hate the instinct is.......is taking Sprint's focus and attention away from the REALLY important stuff....like GETTING US THE DIAMOND!

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue