PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Littlefield is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem after running ppst.exe

So after running ppst.exe I've had a slight problem, admittedly I did it while driving all from my phone so I'm sure I messed something up along the way.

Anyways, the problem is now I'm stuck in 'Digital Roaming' and get an "Error: 67" message saying my password is wrong? Where do I get my password and how do I fix this if it actually is the problem?

If not, whats my next step, I've tried a soft & hard reset to no avail.

Sorry, I'm at work and want to do this quick, i would have also done a little better searching.

Thanks in advance!

Update: Problem Resolved! I had to soft reset before customizations ran after flashing the rom. Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by Littlefield; 06-26-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:07 AM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Problem after running ppst.exe

Re-Flash with a Official Stock ROM. If you are with Sprint then Flash the new ROM. The radio will reflash in the process. Otherwise use the newest .exe from your carrier....

I have the same problem when I run the ppst , unless it's the patched version on here. If you reflash you should be fine. Hard reset doesn't touch the radio... Take care and double check prior to flashing anything especially if it relates to the radio....

Hope that helps..

Last edited by ptfdmedic; 06-26-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:09 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlefield View Post
So after running ppst.exe I've had a slight problem, admittedly I did it while driving all from my phone so I'm sure I messed something up along the way.

Anyways, the problem is now I'm stuck in 'Digital Roaming' and get an "Error: 67" message saying my password is wrong? Where do I get my password and how do I fix this if it actually is the problem?

If not, whats my next step, I've tried a soft & hard reset to no avail.

Sorry, I'm at work and want to do this quick, i would have also done a little better searching.

Thanks in advance!
Your profile does not indicate who your provider is ...

As far as I know, there is a PPST.exe for Altell and now two for Sprint; one with the leaked rom and one with the official rom.

If you are not an Altell or Sprint subscriber, running PPST.exe will probably result in you needing to call your carrier support so they can fix your data connection.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-26-2008, 09:15 AM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Your profile does not indicate who your provider is ...

As far as I know, there is a PPST.exe for Altell and now two for Sprint; one with the leaked rom and one with the official rom.

If you are not an Altell or Sprint subscriber, running PPST.exe will probably result in you needing to call your carrier support so they can fix your data connection.

Best regards,
-boggsie

I think he should be able to fix it by re-flashing a stock rom from his carrier (Which remains unknown). I have the same problem everytime I run the ppst from sprint unless it runs during customization or I use the patched one. Re-flashing to either the leaked gps rom or the new one from yesterday always fixes it for me. But I stayed within my carriers ppst.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:22 AM
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
I think he should be able to fix it by re-flashing a stock rom from his carrier (Which remains unknown).
It is also possible (I guess) to resolve the issue by (post-flash) installing the correct carrier-specific cab from dcd's titan or vogue thread over on xda.

I can't speak with experince on this situation, as I've never personally had it happen to me. In the early stages of the stickied GPS Fix thread, there were a few folks who were VZW subscribers who had flashed PPST.exe and, while I can't recally everything that they tried to resolve the issue, I can say that there were folks who had to resort to a support call to get their data connection fixed.

I think that your suggestion has merit, though, because it gives this person something to do while waiting on hold and it might resolve the issue without talking to support.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-26-2008, 09:24 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Littlefield is a n00b

Sorry guys, I'm on Sprint. I just reflashed with the new official leaked roma nd I'm still in Digital Roaming, however the Error 67 bubble hasn't popped up yet?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Littlefield is a n00b

Update: when I look in device information I don't think my typical username is there... this probably the problem?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:46 AM
b00nsquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlefield View Post
Update: when I look in device information I don't think my typical username is there... this probably the problem?
Well, alrightey then ... you are a sprint subscriber, you flashed the rom posted yesterday, allowed customizations to run and cannot connect.

If this confirms your situation, then I'm at a loss (no big surprise there).

I would suggest the following:
Hard Reset
--- hold down the green button + red button + insert the stylus in reset hole
--- the screen will prompt to press the key
--- after the hard reset, the screen will ask you to press the send key

Instead of pressing the send key, take out your battery for 30 seconds

re-insert the battery and press the power (top) button

see what happens after the customizations run

soft reset (the stylus in the reset hole)

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore

on mine i dont even have a username or password and i have flashed many times why dont u try that c what happens
Old 06-26-2008, 10:20 AM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer_Moore View Post
on mine i dont even have a username or password and i have flashed many times why dont u try that c what happens
I don't think some of that stuff is visible...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue