PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 06:24 PM
kbl
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell

kbl is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sprint 6.1 rom upgrade error 260, please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
what method are you referring to ? is there a link with full instructions ?
I don't recall specific instructions on the SD card method... but here it is:

- Backup your SD card if necessary, I personally format it after backing it up.

1) Using WinRAR extract the two .nbh files from official release .exe. You will have a 1.nbh and a 2.nbh.

2) Ensure your SD card is formatted fat32 (should already be) and take the 1.nbh and put it in the root directory of the SD card. Rename it to VOGUIMG.nbh. Ensure any USB cables are disconnected. Put the SD card back in your phone.

3) Put your phone into the bootloader manually (Camera+Power+poking the soft reset hole with your stylus). It will find the VOGUIMG.nbh and flash it.

Repeat those steps for the 2.nbh file.

1.nbh is the new radio. 2.nbh is essentially the new OS.

Last edited by kbl; 06-25-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:31 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbl View Post
I don't recall specific instructions on the SD card method... but here it is:

- Backup your SD card if necessary, I personally format it after backing it up.

1) Using WinRAR extract the two .nbh files from official release .exe. You will have a 1.nbh and a 2.nbh.

2) Ensure your SD card is formatted fat32 (should already be) and take the 1.nbh and put it in the root directory of the SD card. Rename it to VOGUIMG.nbh. Ensure any USB cables are disconnected. Put the SD card back in your phone.

3) Put your phone into the bootloader manually (Camera+Power+poking the soft reset hole with your stylus). It will find the VOGUIMG.nbh and flash it.

Repeat those steps for the 2.nbh file.

1.nbh is the new radio. 2.nbh is essentially the new OS.

thanks for this, sorry for all the questions but im a noob to this. you say format the sd card ? can i do that from the pda or do i need speacial software? you also say to put the sd card back in the phone ? why would i need to remove it in the first place ?
Old 06-25-2008, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Prē
Carrier: Sprint

klubhead is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
thanks for this, sorry for all the questions but im a noob to this. you say format the sd card ? can i do that from the pda or do i need speacial software? you also say to put the sd card back in the phone ? why would i need to remove it in the first place ?
you remove the sd card and put it in the sd card reader (this is how i do it).. put that in your pc.. right click the mem cards drive and click 'format', then 'start'

.. i've always done it through my pc.. not sure if you can reformat through the phone

-edit.. i use this
Old 06-25-2008, 06:39 PM
kbl
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Sorry... I have an microSD card reader on my computer... so I take the card out of the phone as I find it faster to transfer files that way.

So in you don't have one of those, just delete everything from the SD card after backing it up and put the VOGUIMG.nbh file on the card. After the radio flash you will have to go thru the re-init process again of your phone (with the current image you have installed) and then do the 2.nbh (OS). It will then take you thru the re-init process again.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:42 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Sorry... I have an microSD card reader on my computer... so I take the card out of the phone as I find it faster to transfer files that way.

So in you don't have one of those, just delete everything from the SD card after backing it up and put the VOGUIMG.nbh file on the card. After the radio flash you will have to go thru the re-init process again of your phone (with the current image you have installed) and then do the 2.nbh (OS). It will then take you thru the re-init process again.

yeah thanks, i don't have one of those card readers. ill try this later then.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:04 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

Quote:

im going out to dinner, ill do this when i get home. let me clarify though, i name both of the files i extract the same "VOGUIMG.nbh" ? i just do one at a time right ?
Old 06-25-2008, 07:05 PM
kbl
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
im going out to dinner, ill do this when i get home. let me clarify though, i name both of the files i extract the same "VOGUIMG.nbh" ? i just do one at a time right ?
You got it.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:43 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

i went out and bought a micro sd card reader, so i can format my card. actually it came with a new 512mb card too. wish me luck guys.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:35 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

okay i flashed the first one and it says update success, how long does it stay on the grey screen ?
Old 06-25-2008, 11:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Csquared is just getting started

I had some install problems similar to this but was getting error 328. I was using Vista. I then tried on a PC running XP and had no issues what so ever. I think its Vista.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue