PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Custom ROM Are You Using?
I'm using the ROM I cooked myself. 23 17.04%
I'm using the ROM that somebody else cooked. 76 56.30%
I'm using the Leaked ROM. 12 8.89%
I'm waiting for the Sprint Update. 18 13.33%
What is a ROM? 6 4.44%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: The PhoneStop Store

fresnogamer is keeping up the good workfresnogamer is keeping up the good workfresnogamer is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question What Custom ROM Are You Using?

What custom ROM are you using?

-<<(((POLL)))>>-
Old 06-24-2008, 07:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: What Custom ROM Are You Using?

Using the latest Vetvito ROM for two reasons....

1. Best GPS performance (standby issue doesn't exist )

2. The icons are so damn sexy!

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

cooked my own... i tried vetvito and a few others... i like em, but i always ended up findin somethin i didn't like or didn't work well... so i bit the bullet and used the kitchen for my first time... now i think i might be doin this quite a bit no use in settling, right?...

but i'm sure i will be flashing others' roms aswell cuz some of these guys are CRAZY ADVANCED with this cooking thing...
Old 06-24-2008, 08:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Telus

Soul_Est is keeping up the good workSoul_Est is keeping up the good work

Currently using jakdillard's Hybrid ROM until I port the HyperCore Kitchen over to other OSes running WINE. ROM doesn't work well for me since certain apps that I use just don't work on it at all. After porting the kitchen though I'll cook my own.

Various tweaks and programs found on XDA-Developers, PPCGeeks, MoDaCo, and WinMo-Experts forums.

Thank you to all the experts who enlighten us on the ways of enhancing our phones beyond the norm.

Last edited by Soul_Est; 06-24-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

JacobWW60 is keeping up the good workJacobWW60 is keeping up the good work

+1 for VetVito, GPS is always working, never any issues, and the entire interface is great, what with the icons and what not.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

psweitzer is just getting started

Running OMJ's 6.1 for Bell...
Been thinking about creating my own but no time and happy with the stability of this one...

As for GPS I haven't even used that in a month or so... =P
1st HTC Vogue ( R.I.P. 09/20/2008 )
2nd HTC Vogue found a new owner 12/10/2008!
Current ROM : Caulklin
Radio : Stock Bell
Old 06-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

I'm also using OMJ's 6.1 Custom Sprint Rom at the recommendation of a few others on here.

I just got my touch a few days ago...but I flashed it not long after I rcvd it, and sofar I like it alot...not just the apps included, but the stability is great and I have not seen one GPS issue at all...I get a lock in less than a minute.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Gazoo22 is just getting started

I used OMJ's rom, another rom, that I forget who the chef was and now I am using NexVisions, I am on Bell Mobility.

I liked Omj's bell versions a lot very good roms, stable but I ended up with the phone radio not working any more so I decided to try another rom which was NexVisions, it impressed me right from the get go, nice bootup splash screens, comes with S2U2 loaded, Ultimate Launcher and weather panel loaded in the rom, very stable as well. I can navigate all most everything with my thumb.

Weather panel is full window with lots of icon/theme packs that makes this app really nice.

Ultimate Launcher has like 6 windows/sides to load up with programs, I am also running macfloww bigbutton alltel, (more thumb navigation) but on this rom it is there mostly for show as I navigate with ultimate launcher.

I just loaded both omj's and nexvisions roms and tried gps, no other files/cabs or hacks and both work right out of the box so to say but omj's roms seem to lose gps after a couple of weeks or different programs loaded? Nexvisions rom seems to have better gps performance for me(everyone posts different experiences with the gps radio) .

My GPS seems to all ways take a few minutes to lock with all the different roms I have used, never seconds.

If I am going to flash another rom, it looks like it would be NSFAN's as it looks like he has done some work on the Bell GPS (PPST), that has made it better. NSFAN has done a lot of work on his rom and all though I would like to try it I really would hate to lose all the features that come with NexVisions rom.

I think if you are flashing a rom in June or later you have lots of great choices that are all really stable and comes down to personal preference. I think readers of this thread would be better server if posts included a persons carrier, rom and what they like most about the rom they are using.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

yamus08 is keeping up the good workyamus08 is keeping up the good work

OMJ is quite the chef. Not too much. Not too little. If you have an issue with one of his ROMs, it can be fixed quite easily with the search button. Old Man Jenkin's menu is wonderful and the food taste great.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: The PhoneStop Store
Threadstarter

fresnogamer is keeping up the good workfresnogamer is keeping up the good workfresnogamer is keeping up the good work

I flashed a lot of other ROMs. I went back to Leaked ROM. I think I am gunna stick to this one till the release.

Sprint 6700(Kitchen ROM)>Sprint 6900(WDM 1.6 Clean)>Cricket 6950
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue