View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Gazoo22
PPCGeeks Regular

Gazoo22 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What Custom ROM Are You Using?

I used OMJ's rom, another rom, that I forget who the chef was and now I am using NexVisions, I am on Bell Mobility.

I liked Omj's bell versions a lot very good roms, stable but I ended up with the phone radio not working any more so I decided to try another rom which was NexVisions, it impressed me right from the get go, nice bootup splash screens, comes with S2U2 loaded, Ultimate Launcher and weather panel loaded in the rom, very stable as well. I can navigate all most everything with my thumb.

Weather panel is full window with lots of icon/theme packs that makes this app really nice.

Ultimate Launcher has like 6 windows/sides to load up with programs, I am also running macfloww bigbutton alltel, (more thumb navigation) but on this rom it is there mostly for show as I navigate with ultimate launcher.

I just loaded both omj's and nexvisions roms and tried gps, no other files/cabs or hacks and both work right out of the box so to say but omj's roms seem to lose gps after a couple of weeks or different programs loaded? Nexvisions rom seems to have better gps performance for me(everyone posts different experiences with the gps radio) .

My GPS seems to all ways take a few minutes to lock with all the different roms I have used, never seconds.

If I am going to flash another rom, it looks like it would be NSFAN's as it looks like he has done some work on the Bell GPS (PPST), that has made it better. NSFAN has done a lot of work on his rom and all though I would like to try it I really would hate to lose all the features that come with NexVisions rom.

I think if you are flashing a rom in June or later you have lots of great choices that are all really stable and comes down to personal preference. I think readers of this thread would be better server if posts included a persons carrier, rom and what they like most about the rom they are using.
This post has been thanked 1 times.