PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Lurker

jaybert is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how to tether on sprint using the new roms w/o getting hit w/ data charges?

as the title says. I'm a very casual user of tethering (once or twice a month, usually if I'm at an airport, etc). I know in the standard sprint rom, there was a registry key that you could change (or maybe it was a file to delete...) that would prevent sprint from knowing when you tethered. has anyone investigated whether that is the same with the new roms?

EDIT: this was the reg key I was referring to: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=35

I am using OMJ's rom, which does not have that key pointing to riphone.dll (instead set to another .dll), so not sure if I should delete that one or not. If it makes a difference, I tether via bluetooth on my macbook pro.

Last edited by jaybert; 06-14-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:44 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: how to tether on sprint using the new roms w/o getting hit w/ data charges?

someones itchin to get banned lol
Old 06-14-2008, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

rmarshll is just getting started

PDAnet is a GREAT! Program.. its Worth Every Penny!
Old 06-14-2008, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
someones itchin to get banned lol
I think there's a fine line and he's sittin on it lol

Old 06-14-2008, 03:53 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

I tether for a month and about 3gigs of data but sprint didn't charge me for it. I have no special software or registry hacks. I just check my vision plan and i see usage on my vision plan. It says the no. of KB's used then on the next line says unlimited.Is there anyone here got charged for tethering? I think that detecting that your tethering is just an urban legend. So the real slim shady, Pls. stand up and testify!

Last edited by jethro_static; 06-14-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:55 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceszHigh View Post
I'm pretty sure it is the same. I tether with that method though.
I tether as my primary internet connection (meaning I'm on it a few hrs a day), and I use software called PDAnet and it works great. It's not free, but as they say, anything on the internet is free if ya look hard enough
Yeah u search the p2p and bittorrent world. U better edit ur post before admins lock u out. Nobody here is impressed about bragging ur cracked proggys.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900

sanderz6900 is a n00b

is there a version of this that works for verizon?

pdanet, i mean...or does the broadbandaccess connect block that out?

Last edited by sanderz6900; 06-14-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:43 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

i dont think i have heard anyone from verizon complain about it not working. i'd just go with the laterst version and im pretty sure you'll be set.

http://www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/

go there and download it, im sure there is a trial that you can use to make sure that it works before you go and purchase it.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900

sanderz6900 is a n00b

but does verizon know that you are tethering outside of their tethering?
Old 06-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
I tether for a month and about 3gigs of data but sprint didn't charge me for it. I have no special software or registry hacks. I just check my vision plan and i see usage on my vision plan. It says the no. of KB's used then on the next line says unlimited.Is there anyone here got charged for tethering? I think that detecting that your tethering is just an urban legend. So the real slim shady, Pls. stand up and testify!
I agree. I think it's a myth. I tethered on my old 6700 on verizon about 3gb a month, never had a issue. No hacks, no deleting files.
Now I'm on SERO, so it doesn't matter, but I'm pretty sure they won't know.
Before spending money on PDAnet, I think you should use ICS from the kitchen. Not sure if OMJ's rom has it, but it's very useful.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue