PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Quadman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Known Verizon Issue with cracked outer casing

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals21 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Mine is less than a week old and I noticed a crack in the same place this morning. Did the rep happen to mention if they fixed the issue in the replacements, or are they going to crack as well? I just finished rom flashing to get the GPS to work and would hate to do it all over again to end up with another cracked case.
Hi royals21 i was wondering if you could help me out. I just got my xv6900 and was wodering what rom you used in flashing your phone? I can't wait on vw to get off their buts. Also what program are you using for your GPS? Thx man I would appreciate the help.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i called bell today and found out what the issue with these housings was as its happening to all white cdma touches, he explained that the issue is a factory problem with the housings and all touches will be replaced free of charge as long as they are in their warranty period. Other than that he told me that the housing problem is a combination of exposure to pressure and a difference in the chemical composition of the housing itself and that the issue is fixed in the new replacements.. hope this helps

Old 05-24-2008, 11:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900 HTC Vogue

ColoTouch is a n00b

man, i have a crack in the same location. geesh. of course i have a custom rom as well. gps, revA, etc. It hasn't affected the phone of course it is just cosmetic. I will wait until I crack it some more. how would we send the phone back all hacked up? can we back rev it?
Old 05-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900

royals21 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadman View Post
Hi royals21 i was wondering if you could help me out. I just got my xv6900 and was wodering what rom you used in flashing your phone? I can't wait on vw to get off their buts. Also what program are you using for your GPS? Thx man I would appreciate the help.
Best advice I can give you is to read the directions posted in the following threads very carefully. Once you feel like you understand them completely and have the necessary files downloaded, read the directions again. All the information is in these threads. Right now I'm using OMJ's Verizon ROM and am very impressed. It is the second link.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17473

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25335

Good Luck!
Old 05-31-2008, 10:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Add me to those with the cracked housing. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, as I too have a cooked rom. If anyone has successfully reverted back to vzw stock, please post the directions you followed or the thread you used. Much appreciated!
Old 05-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Almost a VIP

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmohn01 View Post
I have had mine for about 2 weeks now with no cracking. I purchased an invisible shield from Shieldzone, and put it on the phone as soon as I bought it. Maybe that is why mine hasn't cracked.
Has nothing to do with a screen protector; I've had one on since day one and less than sixty days later, a crack in the housing.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbox View Post
He did not mention if they had fixed the issue, but I do not think they have. Sorry man! I would also be upset if I got my GPS to work then got a replacement.

You know you could just wait until Verizon does their update then get rid of it. If you can wait that long lol!
I wouldn't assume there'll be an update, I'm afraid. This is just bs!
Old 05-31-2008, 08:37 PM
kbl
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell

kbl is becoming a great contributor

I've got a Bell Vogue and more or less have had a crack in the housing below the Send button from day 1.... and I did nothing out of the ordinary (no drops) to cause it.

I did later drop it to a marble floor which it didn't appreciate much. The top part of the housing would keep separating. Sealed it with crazy glue cuz it was driving me nuts.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Atrix 4G
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

flashbox is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbl View Post
I've got a Bell Vogue and more or less have had a crack in the housing below the Send button from day 1.... and I did nothing out of the ordinary (no drops) to cause it.

I did later drop it to a marble floor which it didn't appreciate much. The top part of the housing would keep separating. Sealed it with crazy glue cuz it was driving me nuts.
You should try to get it replaced!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SCI730 -> XV6700 -> XV6900 -> TP2 -> Droid Incred
Carrier: VZ

escribzz is a n00b

Just happened to me too, and I have a cooked rom.. Its really going to be a pain to deal with. Besides looking crappy does anyone know how bad it gets? Does it spread to the screen plastic or cause any functionality issues?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue