PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 07:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

95FormulaTA is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: scratch on touchscreen

I just watched the installation video for the Invisible Shield. Looks like there is allot of glare/reflection when it's all installed. Can anyone that is currently using Invisible Shield on their Touch chime in on this? Is the glare bad? Thanks
Old 07-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Folks, be careful using abrasive type materials on the screen.

As a long time owner of many other touchscreen PPC's, the outer layer is usually pretty "soft" and some of the abrasives mentioned, like toothpaste, can do more harm than good.

I personally do NOT use a screen protector on ANY of my devices.

I do use PLEXUS on a microfiber cloth to clean them all. Plexus has some "properties" of a wax, making the screen ULTRA slick and smooth which can help prevent scratching.

If you want to try it, a very, very little bit sprayed on the cloth goes a long way. 1 can will last you years.... (unless you start cleaning and polishing all your plastic items around your home)

It's fairly hard to find in stores. I'd suggest trying a motorcycle shop (used on helmets and windscreens) or at places that deal with private aircraft. (again, windscreens. One of the few FAA approved cleaners)

I use aftermarket sylus' for my devices, and will clean the tips usually once a day. Never, ever drop your stylus on the ground. Microscopic grit particles can imbed themselves in the tip and do all sorts of evilness. (Take THAT from personal experience)
Old 07-19-2008, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6900
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

arianhojat is just getting started

almost seems like there is a small saran wraplike layer outside of the main touchscreen layer. like it seems like i just cant get to the main scratch like its cracked under another outer layer that im having trouble trying to rub off with the abrasive. i prob just do a replacement with verizon with the screen. I would Highly recommend the RadTech solution for IPOD touchscreens though.

Last edited by arianhojat; 07-19-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue