View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Compusmurf
Halfway to VIP Status

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf
Re: scratch on touchscreen

Folks, be careful using abrasive type materials on the screen.

As a long time owner of many other touchscreen PPC's, the outer layer is usually pretty "soft" and some of the abrasives mentioned, like toothpaste, can do more harm than good.

I personally do NOT use a screen protector on ANY of my devices.

I do use PLEXUS on a microfiber cloth to clean them all. Plexus has some "properties" of a wax, making the screen ULTRA slick and smooth which can help prevent scratching.

If you want to try it, a very, very little bit sprayed on the cloth goes a long way. 1 can will last you years.... (unless you start cleaning and polishing all your plastic items around your home)

It's fairly hard to find in stores. I'd suggest trying a motorcycle shop (used on helmets and windscreens) or at places that deal with private aircraft. (again, windscreens. One of the few FAA approved cleaners)

I use aftermarket sylus' for my devices, and will clean the tips usually once a day. Never, ever drop your stylus on the ground. Microscopic grit particles can imbed themselves in the tip and do all sorts of evilness. (Take THAT from personal experience)