PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 08:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Soul_Est is keeping up the good workSoul_Est is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I would like your input on this...

Hello again everyone. I'm back but I'm doing things differently this time. I will still ask for your involvement in discussions about the bare ROMs that will be made and do private betas. For everyone that participated in the last discussion, thank as I wouldn't still be trying to make the best ROMs I possibly can. As the title says, I have setup a new blog (at www.soul-est.doc776.org) as well as repositories for AppToDate and nueUpdate. Problem is figuring out how to get them accessible to the ROM chefs and software developers this webspace was meant for without creating too much of a headache for everyone involved. For AppToDate this is no problem as there can be multiple xml files on the client side of the entire setup but as far as I can tell nueUpdate gets its information from a single xml file on the client side. This xml file may be able to hold multiple urls (http only, no ftp) pointing to the various directories holding the zipped ROMs but I'll need someone to cook nueUpdate into a ROM incorporating a modified nueupdate.xml into ROM (I unfortunately cannot yet since I need to replace Mac OS X with a more efficient OS). When run, the nueUpdate should be able to locate the separate config.xml files located in the different folders and present the data to the user. As before, I greatly appreciate any input you all can give on this latest project. I'd also would like to thank no2chem for his work on nueTools and doc776 for providing the webspace needed for the blog and repositories.

Various tweaks and programs found on XDA-Developers, PPCGeeks, MoDaCo, and WinMo-Experts forums.

Thank you to all the experts who enlighten us on the ways of enhancing our phones beyond the norm.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:41 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Est View Post
I unfortunately cannot yet since I need to replace Mac OS X with a more efficient OS
HERESEY !! I would agree with compatible, but efficient is very, very debatable.

Is there anything in particular that we are supposed to be able to do, once we browse the blog that you posted? One thing, and there is a comment on this topic, - the navigation doesn't appear to work properly. Now, that could simply be a manifestation of the fact that there are categories that have been setup, but there is no content to display, when a user clicks on that category (i.e. ROMs WM6.1).

Looking forward to observing and hopefully, participating as time permits.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Last edited by boggsie; 06-13-2008 at 08:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
HERESEY !! I would agree with compatible, but efficient is very, very debatable.

Is there anything in particular that we are supposed to be able to do, once we browse the blog that you posted? One thing, and there is a comment on this topic, - the navigation doesn't appear to work properly. Now, that could simply be a manifestation of the fact that there are categories that have been setup, but there is no content to display, when a user clicks on that category (i.e. ROMs WM6.1).

Looking forward to observing and hopefully, participating as time permits.

Best regards,
-boggsie
I must say, it's great 'hearing' from you again. You're correct about the efficiency of the OS (I should have said I needed a very small OS). I'm really glad you like the site. It will be PicLens (slideshow and fullscreen) enabled for when screenshots of latest ROMs go up in posts and the previous releases page. I will have a new ROM coming together in the next few weeks (I hope). Unfortunately, I have not much time or resources since I'm currently studying for exams and getting ready for graduation. Since my desktop computer has been freed up, I'll just install a lightweight Linux or BSD (and WINE) on that and have that as my 'headless' workstation. I'll be putting up a new post on Sunday (hopefully with a few pictures to truly explain what I did to the screen). Thanks again for all your ideas and support; I really appreciate it.

-Best regards,
Soul_Est

Last edited by Soul_Est; 06-14-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I've come upon bit of problem right now as I now have a Vogue with a fatally damaged touchscreen (the touchpanel that lies on top of the LCD screen) and as of now have no funds to put towards a replacement. On the other hand, I have setup the repository for windows mobile software for download and installation over AppToDate. I'll have the rest of the details tomorrow as I'm still working on getting a new kitchen running. I'll be porting anichillus' HyperCore Kitchen (Multiple Devices!) to Linux and BSD OSes and Mac OS X w/ WINE installed. As I use at least one of the four different OSes (Windows, Linux, BSD, or Mac OS X) almost everyday, and seeing as quite a few people are starting to or are already using OSes either than Windows, I believe this project holds some merit. All of your input is still apreciated.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Update:

I'm currently working on the repositories for AppToDate. As of now, it only contains five .cab files (not enough for I've envisioned but it's a start). I'll be putting up links for the .zip file containing the .xml files needed for AppToDate check the server for updates (it be in a hours though since I'm busy).

As I stated in post a few posts back, I accidentally damaged my Vogue's digitizer screen and are in need of replacement. I found a promising looking one for sale here: http://cgi.ebay.ca/HTC-SPRINT-S1-TOU...2em118Q2el1247 although I'm unsure as to whether or not to buy it or just wait for the new Touch Pro to arrive at Telus (as I don't want such a catastrophic event to come to happen again).

If you'd have anything you'd like to contribute (flames even), please PM me or email me at soul.est.soul.est@gmail.com. Alternatively you can post your thoughts in a comment on one of my blog posts at www.soul-est.doc776.org.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm currently working on porting a 21109 XIP and SYS that I found earlier this year. I got the XIP ported and working with the SYS of the original ROM that I had previously flashed onto my phone. The problem I've run into now is getting the ROM with the ported SYS working. I'll start doing extra reseach into this but as I've done so much already on xda-developers as well as here on PPCGeeks, I'm currently near my wit's end. Here's what I've done so far:

Removing uneeded folders (AdobeFlash, AutoUpdate, FWUpdate, etc...) No Boot
Translate all remaining .rgus in folders and replacing .mui files to english No Boot
Use 21109 SYS with edited .VM No Boot
Replace 21109 OEMDrivers with original OEMDrivers No Boot
A few other attempts which also resulted in a a Non booting ROM

I've made sure to G'Reloc everything so that the file in the SYS falls in the correct places but to no avail. WINCENLS_WWE is in the SYS as well

If anyone can help me with this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by Soul_Est; 02-28-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I've got it to the ROM to boot and run now.

Last edited by Soul_Est; 02-28-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue