PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What kind of screen did you get?
Sprint good screen 183 40.94%
Sprint Bad screen 176 39.37%
Verizon good screen 45 10.07%
Verizon bad screen 3 0.67%
Other good screen 34 7.61%
Other bad screen 6 1.34%
Voters: 447. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Good vs Bad screens (pictures + videos of both)

1:27:37 PM System Connected to sprint-ap1.cnxchat.com
1:27:37 PM System Session ID: 2226841
1:27:37 PM System Please hold and the next available agent will be with you shortly.
1:27:47 PM System Laura has joined this session!
1:27:47 PM System Connected with Laura
1:27:52 PM Laura Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Laura. How may I assist you today?
1:29:13 PM M.G Listen, I have a Touch pda phone from you guys and the screen is terrible. There is 2 versions of this phone from Sprint. One has a good screen and another has a terrible viewing angle screen. Its a known problem on the forums and Sprint reffuses to acknowledge this issue. Whats next?
1:29:55 PM M.G I know your going to say to have either send it to HTC or go to a repair store since i have TEP.
1:30:25 PM M.G I tried TEP.. and the employees are not well trained fro a issue like this. they all tell me there is nothing wrong.
1:30:45 PM Laura I apologize for any inconveniences.
1:30:58 PM M.G I have a friend with Sprint and has this same phone and he got lucky because he has the good screen.
1:31:09 PM Laura Please allow me a moment to speak to my supervisor for you regarding issue.
1:31:18 PM M.G Seems like its a 50/50 issue in buying this phone from Sprint.
1:32:04 PM M.G Just so you know... Verizon just released their version of this phone and aALL their Touches have a good screen.
1:32:31 PM Laura Thank you for your patience. Upon the suggestion from my supervisor you can contact the manufacturer and there is also a manufacturer warranty for 1 year from the date of purchase as well.
1:32:45 PM Laura Have you tried that as of yet?
1:32:47 PM M.G As much as I love you service and phones.. i feel ripped off pretty badly bacause I got stuck with a bad screen.
1:33:20 PM M.G I have talked to HTC and they want me to send my phone for a 2 week turn around.Thats insane!
1:33:27 PM Laura I understand your frustration. I do apologize, has a technician from a Repair store looked at the phone as of yet?
1:33:58 PM M.G Yes they did... I hate to say it.. but they have no clue of this issue. Even thou its all around the PDA web forums.
1:34:24 PM M.G Seems like Sprint ordered different batches of Touch phones and some came with a shallow viewing angle screens.
1:34:29 PM M.G Those are bad.
1:36:11 PM M.G One guy got lucky and managed to get a good screen by going to a repair center of Sprint and showed them their phone and compared it with another phone that had a good screen. The tech at Sprint repair center said "wow".. that does look better. He went to his stock of Touch phones and had 5 boxes. 4 had a bad screen and only 1 had a good screen. They gave it to him.
1:36:22 PM Laura My options to help you resolve this issue are to refer you to the repair store, contact the manufacturer or go through your insurance. You can ask for a refurbish phone for two weeks while the Manufacturer repairers the phone for the two weeks.
1:37:08 PM M.G I knew you were going to say this.
1:37:12 PM M.G :9
1:37:14 PM M.G
1:37:32 PM M.G Lets me ask you this... Have you heard of this problem?
1:37:41 PM M.G http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/...essage.id=4052
1:37:59 PM Laura This is the first time I have had this complaint, I apologize.
1:38:07 PM M.G Here is a forum about this issue. This is one of many forums of dissapointed Sprint users with this issue.
1:38:25 PM M.G Please visit this so you get a better idea.
1:38:27 PM M.G http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/...essage.id=4052
1:40:12 PM M.G I would not complain about this but this issue makes the phone unusable in landscape mode. Soo.. Sprint TV is unviewable and all my pictures look really bad.
1:40:37 PM Laura Thank you. I do understand what you are saying. I only have those options available that I have provided to you.
1:40:50 PM M.G thxs anyways.
1:40:53 PM System The session has ended!

Transcripts of my chat with sprint. This is hopeless...
Old 06-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Guess you just have to wait until the Rapheal and the diamond get released. Thats sucks man. I am still unsure of my screen. Landscape works ok for me, but mine doesnt look near as nice as the one in the video provided by ScrapMaker.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Guess you just have to wait until the Rapheal and the diamond get released. Thats sucks man. I am still unsure of my screen. Landscape works ok for me, but mine doesnt look near as nice as the one in the video provided by ScrapMaker.
I think we should start the thread over, asking the question again, but have users look at the video first... Considering I personally went through 5 of these things before I found, or even knew a good screen existed, I have a feeling the 40%+ that people are reporting for GOOD SPRINT SCREEN is a bit optimistic...
Old 06-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes i agree. I had voted that i had a good one. Because landscape mode works fine, but if i tilt up or down the the white parts start change color. So do i have an intermediate screen? lol.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

erick10 is a n00b

My mom just got the xv6900 and compared the screen to my Sprint Touch and the xv6900 looks so much crisp. Mine has an ugly blueish tint to it. Ill post pics later. (you can see the differnece in the cube)
Old 06-08-2008, 06:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Ok well I went into a Verizon store today since I no longer work for Radioshack and it is only a matter of time until my Sprint phone gets shut off(Radioshack employee plans are great while they last...).

I compared the LCD of their Touch with mine and theirs is much much better. No contest, even the idiot salesman I talked to was in awe of the difference between the LCD of theirs vs. Sprint's.

I WILL be getting the Verizon Touch once I switch over to Verizon. Decision's been made(took only a couple of seconds ).

I was however looking around since I do not plan on keeping the white case and stumbled upon this LCD here:

HTC Touch CDMA OEM LCD screen

http://cnn.cn/shop/touch-cdma-screen-p-2264.html

I was wondering if anyone had tried to change their LCD to this model here or if anyone knows whether or not this LCD would fix the "Bad Screen" issue?

Last edited by DHarvey; 06-08-2008 at 06:02 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:14 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
Ok well I went into a Verizon store today since I no longer work for Radioshack and it is only a matter of time until my Sprint phone gets shut off(Radioshack employee plans are great while they last...).

I compared the LCD of their Touch with mine and theirs is much much better. No contest, even the idiot salesman I talked to was in awe of the difference between the LCD of theirs vs. Sprint's.

I WILL be getting the Verizon Touch once I switch over to Verizon. Decision's been made(took only a couple of seconds ).

I was however looking around since I do not plan on keeping the white case and stumbled upon this LCD here:

HTC Touch CDMA OEM LCD screen

http://cnn.cn/shop/touch-cdma-screen-p-2264.html

I was wondering if anyone had tried to change their LCD to this model here or if anyone knows whether or not this LCD would fix the "Bad Screen" issue?
Post #137 and #139..

I will have that one on the 10th, I will let every one know the out come of it, and post pics, if the out come is good. Hope that Helps

Thanks. T M Z
Old 06-08-2008, 10:35 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Yes! I got a bad screen from sprint!!! Yahoooooo!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Imagine if Apple shipped 50% of their iPhones with crap screens like these... could you imagine the rebellion? I am amazed at what us tech-geeks put up with sometimes---just to stay on the bleeding-edge...
Old 06-09-2008, 01:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PPC6900

silvertank is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to silvertank

What about a higher resolution screen for our Touch? If this aftermarket screen is easy enough to replace and solves the "bad" screen issue...can we find one with a 480x640 resolution and will it work?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue