PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jeiyuu is keeping up the good workjeiyuu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch screen dark area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSheep View Post
I bought my vogue the day they were avail in store and approx. 60 days later i get the dark spot. I immediately took it in to the Ft. walton beach sprint store and they tell me its my fault and that i need to call assurion (i have tep). obviously not a good situation and i left the store with a few choice words for them. So now 12 months later i decided to go to the pensacola sprint store and see if they would swap it out and sure enough the new touch is in the store waiting for me to pick it up.

If the store tries to screw with you then go to another store, if thats not possible talk to ecare and they will surely swap it out.
What exactly is ecare? And how can we go about contacting them (for future reference)?

If I helped you in any way, be sure to say
Old 12-05-2008, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

cpm199 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeiyuu View Post
What exactly is ecare? And how can we go about contacting them (for future reference)?
I believe ecare is basically customer service. Just dial *2 if you're with Sprint and tell them the issue, however, if you don't have the equipment protection insurance now, you should get that first. Wait a few weeks then call about getting the spot fixed.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Harveystyles is keeping up the good workHarveystyles is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Harveystyles

I'm on my 3rd Touch now, and all the previous ones never had an issue with these 'dark spots'. Low and behold, i get my last one, and a week and a half after I get it, a dark spot appeared slightly right of the middle of the screen.
I have a good screen protector, AND a seido hard case. I took it back to the store I got it at (and btw this was NOT a refurb, it was brand new) and showed them, they took it apart, and it looked like a common occourance, that the lcd screen was going bad. 4 days later I got a new one.

I hope I don't have this problem again, I wouldn't mind laying my hands on a touch pro, but I'ma try and wait for something with android to come out first (yes, I have android for vogue).
Old 12-09-2008, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

I've definatly had this same issue, it happened about 1 month or so after I first got it... i'm pretty sure it was from finger pressure, as it occured after i was have some difficulty w/ the touch responsiveness and was pressing down pretty hard on my screen trying to get it to scrool, this is before i really started learning about the equipment, and learned how to adjust and changed the sensitivity of the screen... anyway once i removed my finger it was there... and then another similar instance about a week later leaving me w/ another spot... since then, there have een no more occurences as I adjusted to sensitivity so it would behave more like an iphone... w/ very little/gentle pressure for response... I havent thought much about returning it, as the functuinatly oof my device is great and ive invested much time into mods and such, i really dont feel like starting all over (although, now, im such an expert, i could probably get it all done in a day or so)... but still ive heard to many horror stories about bad functionalty vogues floatin around out there and dont want to try it... at the moment it doesnt interfere w/ my usage or enjoyment as i hardly ever notice it, unless im looking for it, or on a solid white screen... so ill stick it out... but if it worsen or begins to bother me, i will go to sprint for a trade in or upgrade as I do have the equipment protection insurance... and if that doesnt work there is alway the retentions dept
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue