PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 01:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

iasthai22 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Email Button

Sorry if this was covered already. I honestly did do a search but didn't find anything. I've been using the Sprint Mobile Email with my Gmail. I've always accessed it by touching the little Email button found right above the Home key and to the left of the Text button. I was trying to activate MMS with my Touch without realizing that Sprint was blocking it. I had downloaded an MMS program off this forum, then uninstalled it. After uninstalling, whenever I hit the Email button, it brings me to the Messaging screen with the option of choosing Text Messages, Gmail or New E-mail account. How can I get it back to where whenever I hit the Email button it automatically takes me to the Gmail screen? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:06 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Re: Email Button

check for buttons in settings
Old 04-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

iasthai22 is becoming a great contributor

Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology, the buttons in settings only changes the button to the side of my Touch and nothing else. I'm talking about the key you can press right below the clock on the left side. It has a picture of an open envelope with a paper inside of it.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:13 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by iasthai22 View Post
Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology, the buttons in settings only changes the button to the side of my Touch and nothing else. I'm talking about the key you can press right below the clock on the left side. It has a picture of an open envelope with a paper inside of it.
oh snap, my bad - sorry about that
Old 04-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

i am actually having this problem too. I think it has to do with now thee are more options than just email and SMS. Now there is MMS. before, each button was mapped to the repective accounts but now there is another account to account for. I have JD's new ROM and have this issue.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
i am actually having this problem too. I think it has to do with now thee are more options than just email and SMS. Now there is MMS. before, each button was mapped to the repective accounts but now there is another account to account for. I have JD's new ROM and have this issue.
same issue after using JD's rom (OEM rom). email icon on home screen used to open email inbox, now it opens "messaging" instead of email inbox.

i haven't figure out why, but im working on finding a fix. tons of people have this issue with no solution it seems.. just search google for "htc home email button" and you'll see all the similar cases..

i dont think it's because of the MMS, as i dont have an MMS inbox and my email on htc home screen always takes me back to the last used account.. so if i had last launched txt msgs then that is what will open when i click email icon on htc home.. it's rather annoying but no current work-around will fix it, unfortunately.

Last edited by sebo; 04-30-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue