PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 08:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cbus is keeping up the good workcbus is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon vs Sprint Touch

So my buddy just got his Verizon touch and asked me to help set up some programs on it. While doing this I noticed some differences between the 2 devices.

The most significant one was the screen itself. If you hold the Sprint touch and Verizon at an angle - you can clearly see the information on the Verizon touch. The Sprint is cloudy and not viewable. They must have made some adjustments to the screen after all the complaining about not being able to see it in the sunlight. His screen was very clear in direct sunlight!

The white casing on the Verizon version is very plastic looking and not to my liking.

The overall performance between the devices seemed different. I have a ton of programs loaded on my Sprint touch and he has just a few but mine seemed to respond quicker than his. He also seemed to be getting the same amount of battery life and I have mine set up to be always on internet plus I get more phone calls and emails than him.

Overall I prefer the Sprint version but would like to have a better screen for sure. Other than that - we both wish we could have gps - oh well - Maybe Q3!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Verizon vs Sprint Touch

i dont think it has a better screen, why would HTC give verizon a new version of the screen, and not sprint? On top of that im sure we would have heard about it...

As you already know, every lcd is a bit different. Thats why u can put your phone next to someone else with the exact same model, and one of them will look better. Its just part of manufacturing. It could also be image that verizon puts on the stock screen. It could also be a difference in contrast when your looking at the two, because of the two different cases.

Hey tho, i could be wrong. just my .02. now i dont have any money.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

strommsarnac is just getting started

How's the Verizon Touch screen viewing with sunglasses on? I find that it's impossible to see what's on the Sprint Touch when I'm using my clip-ons (polarized and UV protection). I also have this problem with my Tapwave Zodiac and my old Sanyo 7400 though.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch
Carrier: VZW for 8 years now SERO

Knether is keeping up the good workKnether is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
i dont think it has a better screen, why would HTC give verizon a new version of the screen, and not sprint? On top of that im sure we would have heard about it...

As you already know, every lcd is a bit different. Thats why u can put your phone next to someone else with the exact same model, and one of them will look better. Its just part of manufacturing. It could also be image that verizon puts on the stock screen. It could also be a difference in contrast when your looking at the two, because of the two different cases.

LOL you stupid!

Challenge me into a game of COD4. If you dare.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

cbus is keeping up the good workcbus is keeping up the good work

Quote:

I can appreciate that all lcd screens are different - however - This is a CLEAR difference - I believe they have put the backlight behind the screen rather than on the sides which is what makes it viewable at an angle and also in the sunlight.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:32 AM
VIP Member

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbus View Post
I can appreciate that all lcd screens are different - however - This is a CLEAR difference - I believe they have put the backlight behind the screen rather than on the sides which is what makes it viewable at an angle and also in the sunlight.
that could also be a possibility.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC (Sprint) Touch

nessie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by strommsarnac View Post
How's the Verizon Touch screen viewing with sunglasses on? I find that it's impossible to see what's on the Sprint Touch when I'm using my clip-ons (polarized and UV protection). I also have this problem with my Tapwave Zodiac and my old Sanyo 7400 though.
The backlight from an LCD screen is polarized by the LCD, and if your sunglasses are oriented the "wrong" way (90 deg. rotation), they block the backlight from the screen. Try turning the device to see the display "fade back in." My wife freaked out when she noticed this with our digital camera recently- you have to take your sunglasses off (or turn your head) when orienting the camera vertically.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:37 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knether View Post
LOL you stupid!
u silly dude. You get your touch yet?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch
Carrier: VZW for 8 years now SERO

Knether is keeping up the good workKnether is keeping up the good work

Quote:
u silly dude. You get your touch yet?
Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
WIXOM,
MI, US 04/22/2008 8:30 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
04/22/2008 7:22 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
ROMULUS,
MI, US 04/22/2008 6:44 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
04/22/2008 5:51 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 04/22/2008 4:39 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
04/22/2008 2:14 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 04/21/2008 2:44 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 04/22/2008 10:02 A.M. ET
Old 04-22-2008, 11:20 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knether View Post
Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
WIXOM,
MI, US 04/22/2008 8:30 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
04/22/2008 7:22 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
ROMULUS,
MI, US 04/22/2008 6:44 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
04/22/2008 5:51 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 04/22/2008 4:39 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
04/22/2008 2:14 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 04/21/2008 2:44 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 04/22/2008 10:02 A.M. ET
yes! i know ur azz is happy dont ack like you not!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue