PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

NascarKid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to NascarKid
New Rumor??

Seen this at HTC Wiki, hummmm you think its a another rumor?

I spoke with a Sprint Rep today April 17th. He told me they are expecting an upgrade for the Touch BEFORE the end of the month which will include TelVav GPS. If you are on the everything plan there will be no extra charge for this.

So what ya think?
Old 04-21-2008, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

zennode is a n00b
Re: New Rumor??

Any confirmation on this??
Old 04-21-2008, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc vogue
Carrier: sprint

up2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuff

bah I will believe it when I see it.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

zennode is a n00b

Agreed. Too many disappointmens
Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

ahh, i guess you can count it as a good sign once the rumor mill starts crankin like this. usually indicates something is fairly close to happening.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-21-2008, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc vogue

up2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuff

So I will post this here for us touch users with unlimited Internet. Call sprint, when the automated service asks you what you need help with, say cancel my account. You will get transferred to retentions, Tell them you have the vogue and you don't think its fair that your paying 25 dollars a month for a service when picture mail, telenav, video mail, and in my case sprint tv doesn't work. I did this and they gave me a 15 dollar credit to my account each month for the next 2 years. I now have sero 1000 min, unlimited Internet, tep, and unlimited 2-way text messaging for 55 bucks out the door you might want to try this before the update is released

Last edited by up2no6ood; 04-21-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch

walla is keeping up the good workwalla is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NascarKid View Post
Seen this at HTC Wiki, hummmm you think its a another rumor?

I spoke with a Sprint Rep today April 17th. He told me they are expecting an upgrade for the Touch BEFORE the end of the month which will include TelVav GPS. If you are on the everything plan there will be no extra charge for this.

So what ya think?

ugh... words out of a rep's mouth mean nothing. Just ask anyone who has been here long enough. They have NEVER been right-- they have no idea what they are talking about. If sprint was to send a message to all reps regarding the update of touch-- we would see it posted on internet within days if not hours.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor

A female rep could be your worst nightmare
Old 04-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

yea it would be hours after the announcment anyone from sprint would be proud to announce such a thing and i would be happy to hear it because then i would be gettin me a touch.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 04-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff

There will be an upgrade to 6.1 I am sure... but forget about GPS... if the GPS in this phone would work someone would have a leak already working in their phone... and so far I have not found anyone!

It is a real shame, but I don't have much hope of having a built in GPS working...

About when... I am pretty sure not too soon... HTC has more important things to do, like selling new phones... creating new phones... etc... verizon just came out with the touch and if they come up with an upgrade people may think that the phone is so bad that they are already giving updates... I really think they will take a while to come with it...

Well... we can only wait and see...

I am getting really frustrated... when I got sprint I did it because of the free navigation included in the everything plan but ended up loving the phone for its size (I didn't know the phone did not have the GPS when I got it)... so I kept it, hoping that an upgrade with GPS would come up... but after almost a month reading and searching forums everywhere, I just lost all my hope...
but though the phone does need to be a little faster (my apache was way faster) and I hope it will be after an upgrade, I really like the size of it and there's nothing else out there that is so small and convenient...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue