PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Lurker

jessenj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Someone please help a noob

Forgive the noobishness of this post but I'm new to PPC and I have a couple questions:

1. I seem to have removed my lock icon from the touch screen (been playing with different tools). How do I get it back?

2. How do I get rid of the line that says "Device unlocked" or "Device Locked"

3. I would really like tabs or something that lets me have quick thumb access to different app types (ie. Inet tab for browsers and comm, Utils tab for Resco Explorer etc, Media tab for Coreplayer etc)

4. Dialer replacements - where can I get em and whats the best out there?

5. I hate the contact screen and would love to know what the most preferred one. I really don't want to use the stylus if i don't have to.

6. Can someone help me correctly identify each part of the Touch (Vogue's) main screen? I would be in a lot better shape with searches if I knew what the proper names of each section was called.

7. I'd really like to have a soft reset and shutdown button available. Whats the best way to add these?

Also, I was considering using S2U2 but I've heard that it doesn't show incoming caller id's when the phone is locked. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks again for the help in advance. I hope to be a contributor once I get some things sorted out since I'm a developer.

Jesse

Last edited by jessenj; 04-20-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

tantrum829 is keeping up the good worktantrum829 is keeping up the good work
Re: Someone please help a noob

As far as question #3 goes.
This might help. http://www.pocketemu.com/news.php
Old 04-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jessenj is a n00b

I'm using HTC Home Config but I don't see a way to add tabs with sub-categories.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:43 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

#7 this will help.

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-tag-reset.html

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-tag-reset.html
http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/reset.shtml

#4 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14344

#3 http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...n=view&menu=14
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen10[1].jpg (14.3 KB, 58 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tmz; 04-20-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jessenj is a n00b

That was exactly what I was looking for when I asked about #7. Thanks for that. I have now answered questions 1, 2 and 7. That's pretty damn fast so thanks.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

for 5. check out pocketcm, there are alot off cool skins for it
Old 04-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Lurker

T-Badger is a n00b

I was wondering as to how to get my Device Lock Icon back too.......mine dissapeared right after i reactivated my 6700

dont mean to thread hijack but I cant find the answer ANYWHERE
Old 04-20-2008, 05:10 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

start/settings/today/items/checked-Device Lock
Old 04-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Lurker

T-Badger is a n00b

well thats the problem, the device lock checkbox option is not even THERE. its totally MIA. I dont even know what could have caused it really......I dont have anything really out of the ordinary on it aside from WisBar 2 and iContact
Old 04-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Cool Re: Someone please help a noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessenj View Post
Forgive the noobishness of this post but I'm new to PPC and I have a couple questions:

1. I seem to have removed my lock icon from the touch screen (been playing with different tools). How do I get it back?

2. How do I get rid of the line that says "Device unlocked" or "Device Locked"

3. I would really like tabs or something that lets me have quick thumb access to different app types (ie. Inet tab for browsers and comm, Utils tab for Resco Explorer etc, Media tab for Coreplayer etc)

4. Dialer replacements - where can I get em and whats the best out there?

5. I hate the contact screen and would love to know what the most preferred one. I really don't want to use the stylus if i don't have to.

6. Can someone help me correctly identify each part of the Touch (Vogue's) main screen? I would be in a lot better shape with searches if I knew what the proper names of each section was called.

7. I'd really like to have a soft reset and shutdown button available. Whats the best way to add these?

Also, I was considering using S2U2 but I've heard that it doesn't show incoming caller id's when the phone is locked. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks again for the help in advance. I hope to be a contributor once I get some things sorted out since I'm a developer.

Jesse
1. Your lock icon can be replaced through start>settings>today and then into items, check the lock device option and it will come back, if ur talking about the shortcut on the applications menu thru HTC Home, you can simply do that by adding an application and selecting it.

2. to get rid of the line, you can only get rid of it ALL the time, meaning that u wont have the calendar/contacts button there either, search for something called bottom bar remove and ull find it...as far as locking goes, ive found that S2U2 is by far the most easy and effecient thing to use

3. to get tabs install spb pocket plus, it offers many options and u can easily manage ur screen, just google it and u can find a trial version

4. i personally use the poorlyduck's vista dialer (search it), in my opinion it is the sexiest of them out there, otherwise u can google marshallware, and ull find other skins.. or even search vogue dialer and ull find a few, key is to read =P

5. im not exactly sure what u mean by the contact screen, but if u mean the phonebook u can always install something like pocketcm, but remember to back up all ur contacts just incase something goes wrong, use PPCPIMBackup (google it and u got it), if u mean the cube screen, well u can always download the cab file (installation file) for the poorlyducks vista cube, as a matter of fact download the whole suite which offers many customizations, just search "poorlyduck vista suite" and ull find it

6. in identifying, all i can tell u is that the part where the clock is, is called HTC Home, the top bar = tob bar, bottom bar = bottom bar, and thats basically it, the touchflo that comes up when u swipe ur finger is usally referred to as the cube.

7. if u choose to install spb pocket plus, the program offers big shutdown, standby, soft reset and a LOT of other system options, get it, its a very helpful software

and lastly some advice for u, dont be afraid to try new things, remember its Windows Mobile, most things u install can be uninstalled and if not, you can usually (95% of the time) just hard reset (sort of like formatting and installing windows all over again). anything else u need, just holler good luck and welcome to the noob life

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue