PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

xxmillertimexx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
try downloading it over and see if it works.
Who are you directing this to? I'm sorry, this thread gets so mixed up, .
But this does irritate the crap outta me. SMS just does not work, but I emailed Martin about this, and hopefully he can help...
Old 12-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sweet. That Funambol program is great. i now have all my contacts on my 'roided touch.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

copper rs is a n00b

I love this. All it needs is BT and GPS working, along with true exchange server support (not funambol) and I'll be using it full time. My next phone will definitely be on Android. So hopefully sprint gets a good one out this year when my contract is up...
Old 12-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

How great would the touch HD be if it came to Sprint running Android? That would make my year!
Old 12-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: bell

ptesmoke is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper rs View Post
I love this. All it needs is BT and GPS working, along with true exchange server support (not funambol) and I'll be using it full time. My next phone will definitely be on Android. So hopefully sprint gets a good one out this year when my contract is up...

i agree but it also needs a better KB and better touch screen reponse. so far so good though. i use it most of the time except for when i listen to music because it still doesn tplay it through the stock headset. only through the phone speaker.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

copper rs is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptesmoke View Post
i agree but it also needs a better KB and better touch screen reponse. so far so good though. i use it most of the time except for when i listen to music because it still doesn tplay it through the stock headset. only through the phone speaker.
how did you get it to find music on your SD card? Agree, the KB needs t9 or something more like the touch KB. Also wish we had access to the apps store. What amazes me so far is how much smoother this runs than WinMo on the exact same hardware.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

berardi1111 is just getting started

Do you guys think Android will ever be completely deployed to the Vogue so that you would not need to switch back and forth to Windows Mobile?

I'm so torn, as a device I love the Vogue, and I loooooooooove my $30 a month speedy Sprint internet.

However I long for total Androidness as in the G1 on Tmobile but the data plan is so much more expensive, the battery life is apparently bad, and 3g service is subpar compared to Sprint in my area.

Does the G1 still stand as the only "real" android device? and if so for how long? I can't wait!! ahhhhhhhhh
Old 12-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: bell

ptesmoke is a n00b

yes it sees the music on my card. make sure you have the dec 5th update. i cant remember if i had to browse to it or not but it does see it!, as for the only android device yes i believe the g1 is th eonly one right now. and our phones could easily just run android and not winmo, we just need someone to write it into the rom to boot up android. i dont think that is far away. but i still need to use winmo for certain things that android cant currently do yet. as for battery life id have to say android on the vogue uses less power... stock anyway. i have my winmo set to very dim backlight etc, so it does last pretty long. im very excited for android, especially if someone can figure out how to skin it like m2d and htc home. it looks pretty promising non the less.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue, HTC 5800, Touch it like a Pro!
Carrier: Verizon

shadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey has the screen timeout been fixed? Like how the screen doesn't always come back up after it has timed out? I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I'm too lazy to read through 63 pages lol.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Tough

JDHTC is a n00b

Is there anyways to boot into Android without having WinMo running in the background? Like starting it instead of WinMo loading on power-up?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue