PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Lurker

DjMark is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

tried to find tunewiki apk file but couldnt... is there a way to add the android market app to the phone like apple's app store ????

or a website that has all the apps ????

thanks
Old 11-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2561 View Post
android/linux for vogue. radio partially functional - only works for data atm . touchscreen reported to work pretty well. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=1#post2084090

incredible. though help is still needed!! please contribute if you can.

extremely useful!: http://www.myhtcphone.com/vogue-cab-installer
Read everything at that page.

note: running/trying android(/linux) does not require you to flash or hard-reset your device. feel free to experiment!!

update: martin/dzo has now written a keyboard!

note: the only way to exit android is to soft reset the device.

update: voice calls now working! and better kb

update: sms send/receive now working!

update: internet working better now, and backlight can now be turned off

update:

update: android 1.0 up! still need a better keyboard, but is pretty well fully functional! sms, data, calls, etc...all working! go dzo/martin!

update: ANDROID OPEN SOURCED TODAY!! new apk's (installable package files) are up and ready for installation! dzo said to be ready with the newly compiled system.img tomorrow! (/today, its real early/late :S) THIS IS IT!!
also, someone has finally stepped up to write a soft kb and is working on it! says that he's not much with graphics though, and needs some help!

update: were to full complete android 1.0!!! with a bunch of working apk's and everything...its been an awesome ride so far and we hope to see a lot more come from it. getting the marketplace online and a lot of custom apps is really what is going to get this thing going. unfortunately we are again at a stalemate for a good sip .
also currently lacking is good sdhc support, as well as a lot of other things lol such as good bt drivers, and gps as well as data with some providers (like sprint ...dang)

update: dzo now has full power collaps working greatly, as well as dial tones in the dialer app. a new dialer skin has also been created to better fit our screen so that it is not so cramped, tho this has yet to be implemented at this stage.

update: now full SD(HC) card support! YESS...and some other minor minor minor improvements (touchscreen, possibly radio functions etc..not really anything though).

How to install and run Android on the Vogue (before you do any of this, BE SURE TO BE UPDATED TO THE LATEST RADIO!! at least 3.42.30):
1. Clear/delete all previous instances/installations of Android.
2. Delete/move any files named either system or data on your card.
3. Download the latest zip package from dzo's site (here: http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/)
4. Unzip package to a folder on your card named Android.
5. Copy and paste both the files data and system to the root of your card.
6. Create a folder named Android in the root of your device.
7. Copy and paste all other files from the folder named Android on your card to the folder named Android on your device.
8. Turn off GPS.
9. (If you want data to work, start up a data connection before this by starting PIE or something) Navigate to the folder called Android in the root of your device.
10. Run haret.exe.
11. Click the little "run" button and wait.

Option B for this would be to simply head over to the great site that etiger13 has set up, and download and install his cab and follow the instructions there! Super easy thx etiger.

Troubleshooting:
If you are having problems:
  • Simply try to start all over again (be sure not to have more than one file named system (no matter the extension) and not more than one file named data (no matter the extension) on your card) by clearing/deleting any and all files from any and all previous instances/installations of Android anywhere on your card or on the device.
  • Try a different (and preferably smaller card, sometimes Android struggles with larger (sdhc) cards.
  • Try soft-resetting.
  • Try etiger13's easy cab setup, this can be a very trouble-free way of getting things moving (though you should still be sure to delete everything android previous to trying this just in case).
  • Be sure that when you try to boot, your gps is completely inactive.
To load your own apps/.apk package files:
1. Download a package file (there are some here) and when saving it, be sure the extension is .apk.
2. Creat a folder on your card named "AndroidApps" (yes it must be exactly like that but w/o the quotes).
3. Place any apk files you want in that folder, sometimes calendar provider and one or two other ones are causing it not to boot. So try more out gradually as you go.
4. Just go ahead and start up Android now, that will do it. It will install them by itself on boot.

Have fun!

extremely useful!: http://www.myhtcphone.com/vogue-cab-installer
Read everything at that page.

alright, so i have it so it loads and everything works great. everything except data...i make sure i have a data connection before booting linux, but once it is booted there is no data connection. maps along with the browser have no connection.when i open the browser, it looks like its trying to load something, and up at the top where the little "G" and the two arrows are, the up arrow becomes a solid white. and also i have random system shutdowns...i dont know if that is a common problem or not. im a little confused here...

Last edited by Leukay; 11-09-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

jaredakelly is keeping up the good workjaredakelly is keeping up the good work

Here is a good post to solve all the app uploading problems:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1804

Hope this helps.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US
Threadstarter

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leukay View Post
alright, so i have it so it loads and everything works great. everything except data...i make sure i have a data connection before booting linux, but once it is booted there is no data connection. maps along with the browser have no connection.when i open the browser, it looks like its trying to load something, and up at the top where the little "G" and the two arrows are, the up arrow becomes a solid white. and also i have random system shutdowns...i dont know if that is a common problem or not. im a little confused here...

If you read that OP all the way through, you will see that no data is a known problem
However, you can initiate a data connection in WM, then boot into android and it will work.

And guys, installing apk files is ridiculously simple. You simply download it as an apk file, stick it in a folder on the sd card called AndroidApps (yes, it has to be exactly like that), and boot android. Tada! they install automatically on boot, and you will see them in the apps list, just chk the OP for more info (there is also a link there for where to get a few apps for whoever asked about that also be sure to try slideme (google it)).

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work

Slideme is great, every App I have tried has installed correctly and works great. It is like a total ripoff of the android market, which is good, cause we can't have the market yet anyway.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

jschramm is a n00b

I have Android up and running but cant get the data connection to work. I am having trouble updating my radio, I currently have 3.37.15. I have searched and tried everything I have found but I cant get it upgraded to 3.40. any help would be great. thank.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschramm View Post
I have Android up and running but cant get the data connection to work. I am having trouble updating my radio, I currently have 3.37.15. I have searched and tried everything I have found but I cant get it upgraded to 3.40. any help would be great. thank.
"
-I recommend Flashing the Official Bell rom .exe to upgrade your radio to 3.42.50 (skip post-flash Customization if you're non-Bell!!!)(If you are a Bell user, let the Customization run)

http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...cat=2&dl_id=98"

(quoted omj)

hope this helps.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Lurker

jschramm is a n00b

Skip the bell customization by rebooting when it tells me its about to customize? thanks.

Last edited by jschramm; 11-10-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschramm View Post
Skip the bell customization by rebooting when it tells me its about to customize? thanks.
after it's all updated your phone will restart. let it restart and when the the phone says customization automatically starting in a 3 seconds.... soft reset and then you will be updated and ready to go.

however if you use bell than just let it run like normal.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Lurker

jschramm is a n00b

Thanks, its downloading now, hope it works.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue