PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 08:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Reliance

hetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VOGUE 3.35.04 radio ported from Titan

Hello Lets try to work on filling life to the Bricked one!!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:51 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well my vogue just went into the same mode as the titan so trust me i'm very intently working and interested in unbricking it. When/if it happens there will be a sticky with steps here and titan section. This happened due to titan radio on touch so here it is: WARNING: RADIOS SHOULD NOT BE USED FROM DIFFERENT DEVICES.

PS: Not blaming you at all vboyz, but i'm glad you removed the link. I did this of my own valition with my own files for troubleshooting, testing, warnings to others, and hopefully now that it didn't work, an unbricker hehe.

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 03-28-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyz103 View Post
The point here is that not about the warning, it's about how some users are doing the blame game on me. To me I think some are blaming me for posting this and they bricked their phone. I think it's not fair to blame anybody on here because as I stated in earlier replies, this is a free community and you should know what you are up to regardless you are noob or not noob. We are all smart individuals IMHO!!
I agree with you 100%. I personally did not try this, nor am I naieve enough to attempt something like this as I DO have experience and know what is safe and what isn't.

I am not blaming you for posting this radio for others to try nor am I saying that it is ok for others to do so. What I am saying is that it is foolish to think that everyone(expecially noobies) can and does understand the inherant risk when you do something like this.

No hard feelings, Dan.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

how do parts of roms decide where they will sit in memory? is it possible that due to the memory size difference between the titan and vogue that their different parts reside at different memory adresses, and when flashed to different device overwrite other parts??? example, say titan radio resides a little lower in memory, could it be overwriting part of the bootloader and therefore bricking the device???

The reason I ask, is because I would not have though flashing anything but a bootloader could brick a device, guess I will have to be a little more carefull with my thinking.

I guess the short question would be, what desides where the rom gets written, the rom itself, or the bootloader that is loading it?
Old 03-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The problem is there is a section in the radio portion that loads the bootloader. If you mess that up bad enough you will have issues. Ever since the apache days i've tried to warn people not to flash radio roms more than necessary. Maybe now a few more will understand the risks. Don't get me wrong, signed images from a company "should" be fine, but they are much more risky than just grabbing the OS portion and using that. If the OS portion fails you have next to a 100% chance of a full recovery. With radios and SPLs that is not always the case.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

ah, it's starting to make sense, so what you are saying is that during init. the radio loads first, then activates the bootloader which init's hardware then loads the OS? correct me if I am wrong
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue