PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2008, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

psvillars is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to psvillars
Re: GPS OEM...first attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by j10376 View Post
I think this would be a cool thing to try to say you did it, that however is as far as I would go. If you are even able to get the gps from the mogul to work with touch it will not be worth all of the problems you are probably going to have and it will probably not work no were near as good as the official release. Just my opion
the thing is that if they can get working then it can be added to roms to release to us touch users so keep up the great work this is the closest anybody has come to enabling gps on the touch
Old 03-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyz103 View Post
Some quick updates:

I was able to start GPD0 successfully in dotFred Manager, but was not able to start GPSDaemonService, it keep saying "Cannot not find file specified."

I think the reason why we can't get it to work because I did have my Mogul with me with GPS enabled, and under Devices in dotFred, I see a $device/COM4 loaded along side with $device/GPD0. Both of the devices point to the file GPSID_QCT.dll.

On my Touch, I don't have the COM4 under devices and I compared the registry to my Mogul and everything seems to be correct. So I don't know how did the same file GPSID_QCT.dll started both devices.

Hope somebody can take it a little further....
I was also unable to to get GPSDaemonService to work either with the dll in your attachment, I am attaching another one that actually loads not sure were I got it from. Just use total commander to copy and replace the previous dll.

An this is just a thought, correct me if I am wrong, under the following registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\GPSID]
"IClass"="{A32942B7-920C-486b-B0E6-92A702A99B35}",

Isn't the IClass parameter used to expose apps and drivers to the gps device interface. My question is the key value device specific, since it was extracted from the titan, or it does not matter?
Attached Files
File Type: zip GpsDaemonService.zip (6.4 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey mardukeme,

I do some programming using COM and such in the registry, and from my understanding that these are actually CLASS ID for a specific COM object such as the GPSDaemonService.dll. So each of them have a unique class id and it will be the same regardless of what device you are on.

Think of it just like the xxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxx format for the RGU. It's not device specific.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Quote:
Hey mardukeme,

I do some programming using COM and such in the registry, and from my understanding that these are actually CLASS ID for a specific COM object such as the GPSDaemonService.dll. So each of them have a unique class id and it will be the same regardless of what device you are on.

Think of it just like the xxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxx format for the RGU. It's not device specific.

Thank you for the clarification vboyz103.

I did notice some discrepancies in the registry settings on the vogue compared to the titan registry, posted in the "Official Titan built-in GPS Thread". After starting the following devices GPS1, and GPD0.
Take a look at following registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Active\ underneath you'll see a series of numbered folders. The folders containing the keys for GPS1, and GPD0 will be located towards the end maybe under folder number 67, or 68. You will see that some key values are missing or are different compared to what was posted in the titan gps thread.
An I can we load the device drivers automatically, without manually starting them?
Old 03-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Man....no matter what I tried, my phone locks up whenever I try to use Holux GPS viewer to open COM4. I started everything and seems like everything worked but just no go. I know we are missing something but just can't figure out what that thing is...oh well, i'll keep poking at it and see what's gonna happen.

One thing I notice about the Active registry key is that for GPD0, there is a BusName key on my Mogul whereas there were none on Touch.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

vboyz103, do you know why the BusParent, InterfaceType, and BusName is missing from GPD0, and GPS1 within the active drivers keys in the registry for the Vogue? The first three values show up when you load the dll's but the last three are missing.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Active\36]
"Hnd"=dword:0005AFF0
"Name"="GPS1:"
"Key"="Drivers\\BuiltIn\\VirtCOM_GPS1"
"BusParent"=dword:000322E0
"InterfaceType"=dword:00000000
"BusName"="BuiltInPhase1_0_8_0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Active\59]
"Hnd"=dword:00AFBAB0
"Name"="GPD0:"
"Key"="Drivers\\BuiltIn\\GPSID"
"BusParent"=dword:000322E0
"InterfaceType"=dword:00000000
"BusName"="BuiltInPhase1_0_53_0"
Old 03-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mardukeme -

I don't know why they are missing, that is what I'm trying to find out.

Now thinking about it...GPS might be under a different COM than COM4 like it is in Mogul?

Last edited by vboyz103; 03-17-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
mardukeme -

I don't know why they are missing, that is what I'm trying to find out.

Now thinking about it...GPS might be under a different COM than COM4 like it is in Mogul?
vboyz103,

I tried all the com ports without success but I was able to get com4 to load under devices, but still nothing. Maybe were missing some other dll's or other reg keys.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell

EtrnlWolf is keeping up the good workEtrnlWolf is keeping up the good workEtrnlWolf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to EtrnlWolf

Not sure if this helps or not, you may already know this.. but thought I'd share just in case.

Did a dependency check on the files in gps.zip, but I dont have the other files the thread refers to. The DLL's they link to follow:

coredll.dll
cxport.dll
ws2.dll
mmtimer.dll
ril.dll
cellcore.dll
qccmquery.dll
Old 03-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtrnlWolf View Post
Not sure if this helps or not, you may already know this.. but thought I'd share just in case.

Did a dependency check on the files in gps.zip, but I dont have the other files the thread refers to. The DLL's they link to follow:

coredll.dll
cxport.dll
ws2.dll
mmtimer.dll
ril.dll
cellcore.dll
qccmquery.dll
The files should be in your windows directory on your phone, or if you need the titan files you can find them in the titan kitchen.

Last edited by mardukeme; 03-25-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue