PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS OEM...first attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyz103 View Post
Hey folks -

I extracted the NBH from sprint mogul update and found as much GPS related info as I could. Now my plan is to attempt to port the Titan new radio 3.35 into Vogue and integrate this GPS stuff into the kitchen and try my luck.

Any thoughts?

I notice a few errors in the attached registry.rgu file.

Under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\VirtCOM_GPS1]

You have "DeviceArrayIndex" = dword:0 it should be "DeviceArrayIndex"=dword:0 without the spaces.

Under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\GPSDaemonService]

You have "Prefix" = "GPC" it should be "Prefix"="GPC" without the spaces.

I noticed the spaces cause the registry entries not import correctly. After making correcting these few issues I was able to load GPS1 driver, which needs to be manual started I have not figured out how to start it automatically. Although I am still not able to start the GPS Daemon Service yet, keep getting errors.

Now in Google Maps after checking the option to "Use GPS" says "Seeking GPS satellites (0)", instead of "Initializing GPS".

Last edited by mardukeme; 03-15-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
I notice a few errors in the attached registry.rgu file.

Under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\VirtCOM_GPS1]

You have "DeviceArrayIndex" = dword:0 it should be "DeviceArrayIndex"=dword:0 without the spaces.

Under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\GPSDaemonService]

You have "Prefix" = "GPC" it should be "Prefix"="GPC" without the spaces.

I noticed the spaces cause the registry entries not import correctly. After making correcting these few issues I was able to load GPS1 driver, which needs to be manual started I have not figured out how to start it automatically. Although I am still not able to start the GPS Daemon Service yet, keep getting errors.

Now in Google Maps after checking the option to "Use GPS" says "Seeking GPS satellites (0)", instead of "Initializing GPS".
That's good stuff...I tried and google map always said "Initializing GPS.." but no (0) or whatever. So what we need to know is:

1. Did you just load the Titan radio without SPL?
2. How did you load GPS1 service manually?
3. How long did you let the GPS initialize on first use? Did you get fixed?

Maybe we are onto some'n here.
Thanks.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

ryanbg is just getting started

Do you think if we are successful in enabling the GPS, Rev. A would come easy also, or is that a whole other story?
Old 03-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff
Post Re: GPS OEM...first attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyz103 View Post
That's good stuff...I tried and google map always said "Initializing GPS.." but no (0) or whatever. So what we need to know is:

Maybe we are onto some'n here.
Thanks.
No I went back to the original sprint 2.13 radio for the vogue

I used dotFred's Task Manager and went under devices and manually started GPS1, and GPD0, and i then started GPS Daemon Service under the services tab.

It took less then a second, but no fix.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

Thought I'd chime in, havent done any of above, on stock sprint ROM. i also get "seeking GPS satellites(0)" with windows->settings->external gps program port set to com1 and hardware port set to none

google maps is set to set by windows. when i set manually to com1, it just says "initializing GPS"

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D

Last edited by No1ustad; 03-15-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
Thought I'd chime in, havent done any of above, on stock sprint ROM. i also get "seeking GPS satellites(0)" with windows->settings->external gps program port set to com1 and hardware port set to none

google maps is set to set by windows. when i set manually to com1, it just says "initializing GPS"

My settings are set to windows->settings->external gps program port is set to set (none), and hardware port is set to none also.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Lurker

cjrusso1 is a n00b

im not to good with any of the stuff but i was thinking the problem with the two radios- mayb one for the actual phone and one for the gps radio? htc thought hard on this not to let other devices port there software.. idk if its been tried or even possiible what if sum1 writes a program to trick the touch into being a mogul or maybe clone its hardware? ... both phones have the same chipset so its possible that its simple coding? im not sure how to get all into the files you guys are talking about and hats off to you guys .. i hope its soon that we get this update .. it sucks driving around gettin lost ..
Old 03-16-2008, 01:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Some quick updates:

I was able to start GPD0 successfully in dotFred Manager, but was not able to start GPSDaemonService, it keep saying "Cannot not find file specified."

I think the reason why we can't get it to work because I did have my Mogul with me with GPS enabled, and under Devices in dotFred, I see a $device/COM4 loaded along side with $device/GPD0. Both of the devices point to the file GPSID_QCT.dll.

On my Touch, I don't have the COM4 under devices and I compared the registry to my Mogul and everything seems to be correct. So I don't know how did the same file GPSID_QCT.dll started both devices.

Hope somebody can take it a little further....
Old 03-16-2008, 02:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro

j10376 is becoming a great contributor

I think this would be a cool thing to try to say you did it, that however is as far as I would go. If you are even able to get the gps from the mogul to work with touch it will not be worth all of the problems you are probably going to have and it will probably not work no were near as good as the official release. Just my opion
Old 03-16-2008, 02:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

Quote:
Originally Posted by j10376 View Post
I think this would be a cool thing to try to say you did it, that however is as far as I would go. If you are even able to get the gps from the mogul to work with touch it will not be worth all of the problems you are probably going to have and it will probably not work no were near as good as the official release. Just my opion
working is better than not working.

I wish i was at your guy's level to help more!! got some learning to do!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue