PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 03:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS OEM...first attempt

Hey folks -

I extracted the NBH from sprint mogul update and found as much GPS related info as I could. Now my plan is to attempt to port the Titan new radio 3.35 into Vogue and integrate this GPS stuff into the kitchen and try my luck.

Any thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: zip GPS.zip (226.9 KB, 122 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-13-2008, 09:13 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: GPS OEM...first attemp

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyz103 View Post
Hey folks -

I extracted the NBH from sprint mogul update and found as much GPS related info as I could. Now my plan is to attempt to port the Titan new radio 3.35 into Vogue and integrate this GPS stuff into the kitchen and try my luck.

Any thoughts?
My only thought is godspeed
Old 03-13-2008, 09:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

this would be an amazing development for u guys. let us know what happens and dont brick your phone!!!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 03-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Good luck, I'm hoping someone can get this to work soon!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I went through this with the 3.27 radio (leaked), and then again with the released 3.35 roms/radios. Here's what happened:

1. Created two separate kitchens - 1 with the titan rom, and 1 with the Touch rom.
2. Copied all the gps related drivers from the titan kitchen to the touch kitchen.
3. Copied all the gps related registry entries from the titan kitchen to the touch kitchen.
4. Generated the OS.nb
5. Packaged with the gsm/radio.nb and installed to my touch.

Now here's the really strange part:

When I packaged the resulting os.nb with the stock touch radio, the touch works just like stock (ie no gps) but all else good.

When I packaged the resulting os.nb with the radio released by jd that he said is the titan 3.27 radio, the touch works just like the stock one above, except the radio version does not show anywhere.

However, if I use that same os.nb with either the 3.27 radio or the 3.35 radio that I extracted myself, the touch locks up after the post screen, and does not boot. This, at least to me, is an indication that we still need the spl changes that are very device specific and cannot be ported.

Anyways, hopefully I was missing something very simple, and you have better luck than I !!!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

"This, at least to me, is an indication that we still need the spl changes that are very device specific and cannot be ported."

i think thats what he will find out in due time. I think the folks at ppcgeeks/xda would have does this when 3.16 came out if it was possible.

Either way i hope this works out! And i dont even own a touch
Old 03-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

i think someone else already made it known that you can run the new radio 3.35 on the touch found that it didn't do anything

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 03-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

i think someone else already made it known that you can run the new radio 3.35 on the touch found that it didn't do anything
Old 03-13-2008, 12:39 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

OK first off there is no porting of the titan radio ..... all I did was use dutty's NBH tool YES DUTTY'S NBH TOOL NOT NBHGEN and change the device to VOGU100 if anybody wants to try this go for it ....... and if there is any speculation about the radio I posted AWHILE back I have a pm box use it
Old 03-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
OK first off there is no porting of the titan radio ..... all I did was use dutty's NBH tool YES DUTTY'S NBH TOOL NOT NBHGEN and change the device to VOGU100 if anybody wants to try this go for it
Just tried it this way with the 3.35 radio, and got the same results with nbhtool as with nbhgen - locks after post...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue