View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 05:31 PM
mardukeme
Regular 'Geeker

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS OEM...first attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyz103 View Post
Hey mardukeme,

I do some programming using COM and such in the registry, and from my understanding that these are actually CLASS ID for a specific COM object such as the GPSDaemonService.dll. So each of them have a unique class id and it will be the same regardless of what device you are on.

Think of it just like the xxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxx format for the RGU. It's not device specific.

Thank you for the clarification vboyz103.

I did notice some discrepancies in the registry settings on the vogue compared to the titan registry, posted in the "Official Titan built-in GPS Thread". After starting the following devices GPS1, and GPD0.
Take a look at following registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Active\ underneath you'll see a series of numbered folders. The folders containing the keys for GPS1, and GPD0 will be located towards the end maybe under folder number 67, or 68. You will see that some key values are missing or are different compared to what was posted in the titan gps thread.
An I can we load the device drivers automatically, without manually starting them?