PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

j37hr0 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: well, i might be givin up de ol touch

Are you kidding? This is the best phone I've ever had out of the box. I can't live without a WM phone, so no Blackberry, Palm or anything else can replace my Touch.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

Louiedoesit is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by j37hr0 View Post
Are you kidding? This is the best phone I've ever had out of the box. I can't live without a WM phone, so no Blackberry, Palm or anything else can replace my Touch.
i agree.. seems people are just upset, they can get what they want lol.. Everybody know in few months or even days the update will be there for gps.
honestly to me the screen is mad small to really focus on driving an lookin at the gps.. I only see my self using a gps if i am trully lost .. But there is no way i will drive an try to focus on a little screen .. Just my person peace of mind..
Old 03-11-2008, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Razor V9M, 6600, 2x 6800, 6900 (yes I still use my 6600 sometimes)

mojomahem is becoming a great contributor

I was thinking of using my mogul that I let my pops use but after setting up the official rom for him and playing with it, I got that thought out of my system fast. I now type faster with touch pal. I just gave my Apache to my sis and I kinda miss that bad boy. Sling/orb sure does look good on it.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (6900)

davidjospehman is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to davidjospehman Send a message via Yahoo to davidjospehman

Pretty but....
Well....
Thats about it....
Pretty....

Old 03-11-2008, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Mine doesn't lock up at all and is running official ROM (except I skipped extended ROM junk).

Works as advertized.

I look forward to GPS, could care less about REV-A. Network speed is generally not the bottleneck.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:13 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i disagree..network speed is everything, depending on what you want to do, like slingin or sprint tv in low signal areas. Also the latency is much lower with RevA, and that makes a huge difference...and then there is tethering....
Old 03-11-2008, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

Louiedoesit is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman08 View Post
my exact sentiment. WIll never use a 64mb RAM wm6 PPc ever again, theyre simply not usable IMO. 128mb is MUCH more stable and never gets low or locksu p due to running low or being out of RAM.

gps and rev A will come to use soon enough too. The hard part is done the API and drivers are written. All they have to do is slap them into a Touch ROM really since its the same hardware.

i have a feeling the " update" on the touch is going to be so simple lol.. just a simple .cab an boom GPS is on ..

I keep reading all the stories on Mogul hard resets ect..

Patient is the key..
Old 03-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Lurker

i4edge is a n00b

No way I will go back to the mogal even with the REv A and GPS. I'm willing to wait. The Touch is just so way better. It fits in my pocket. It doesn't lock up. I don't worry about having memory to install programs. It is much more resposive than the mogal.

I figured after the GPS and Rev A update I would put a cooked rom and maybe it would speed it up some?

If I did lots of texting or needed wifi I would think about going back to the mogal. Actually if it had more memory and didn't have BT problems yea...
Old 03-11-2008, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Bold 9700
Carrier: At&t

bwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuff

I purchased the mogul back in August and being my first ever ppc, I immediately fell in love with it. After just a couple short months i grew frustrated with the memory situation and needed a customer rom just to properly use the phone. I switched to the Touch just 10 days ago, and I am already typing faster with touchpal then i was with the hard keyboard. The touch is the best ppc on the market.

It's just a matter of time until we get Rev A and GPS!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stayfly24 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wldthng842 View Post
Employee with BB: Actually this is incorrect. You would have a $15 service charge for the BB unless you are required to carry one. BB charges Sprint for use on their servers so even employees must pay a little extra. Or at least they made some of my coworkers.

I dont know why they made your coworkers, but they dont charge anything if its on your "edrp" account. Smartphone, flipphone, blackberry, nextel, or whatever every employee gets one account thats completly free of service, you might wana hit ya manager up if thats not the case. Or just PM me if any questions.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue