PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Lurker

stayfly24 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy well, i might be givin up de ol touch

yea, i loved it, i did all the customization, but i keep soft reseting it because of freezing, kinda tired of the texting even though ive tried other keyboards, alot of things are not as responisble as id like & the wait for GPS is like the straw that broke the camels back lol So i think i may switch to the blackberry curve next month, anyone else have this feeling? or are u sticking to the touch?
Old 03-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stayfly24 is a n00b
Re: well, i might be givin up de ol touch

*responsive*^
Old 03-11-2008, 12:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

I feel ya man. I'm pretty bummed abaout it not gettin released either. but I'm gonna wait for the verizon touch first, expected to release this month, see if we can grab the gps from that, before i jump ship as well... I'd probably go *back* to the mogul instead of the blackberry route though.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 03-11-2008, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

spamftw is just getting started

Count me in... i'll give Verizon's rom a try... but if that doesn't work i'm out. I mean, it's not that i'm sick of waiting (i am), it's just that nobody will say when this update is coming out. It's sick. This company has MILLIONS of dollars. They can't chose a date and stick with it... that makes no sense. The Mogul seems like an obvious choice for me.

I hope the good fellas here at PPCGeeks and those at XDA developers will be able to strip those gps/radio drivers off Verizons phone. I'll be honest, props to all of them, they have been doing a hell of a lot better job that the company that designed the damn thing.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

Not me. The only time I need GPS is while driving, and I have a standalone GPS unit. I have no freezes. My main text entry is for text messaging, and I find touchpal to be adequate. I'm also glad I can do it one handed, and don't have to slide out the keyboard (and wait a half second for the screen to orient itself) to send a text. My touch suits me just fine, although I have little experience using anything else. Don't you have to pay a blackberry fee to use their service? That alone would prevent me from switching.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:45 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I want that RevA as well.. I may get a mogul to get wifi and revA
Old 03-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TonysWorld is a n00b

I have a mogul and a touch. The Mogul Rev A. speeds are crazy fast. For having the same processor, my mogul is operates my apps much faster. The lightweight of the touch is appealing though... One more think...WiFi = good
Old 03-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Lurker

lembowski is a n00b

I'm definately thinking curve. Starting this month our company will start paying $50 towards out personal cell phone if we use it for business. That $50 will pay for all of the Blackberry plan ($30 plan) and $20 of my current Sero contract.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

zaya is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
Not me. The only time I need GPS is while driving, and I have a standalone GPS unit. I have no freezes. My main text entry is for text messaging, and I find touchpal to be adequate. I'm also glad I can do it one handed, and don't have to slide out the keyboard (and wait a half second for the screen to orient itself) to send a text. My touch suits me just fine, although I have little experience using anything else. Don't you have to pay a blackberry fee to use their service? That alone would prevent me from switching.
DITTO. I came from Blackberry to Mogul to Touch. I use SPB Full Screen Keyboard for text and email. Love it. The size, stability, MEMORY, speed and everything posted above about the keyboard are enough not to leave the Touch. I dont even run X-Button or any other closing software cuz I have so much RAM I never need to close anything. Because of that its much faster than the Mogul. and just so im clear...I am not saying the Touch is better than the Mogul...just fits my needs and wants better.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stayfly24 is a n00b

well luckily for me i work for sprint so if i do switch to the curve ill just use it on my EDRP account, so all i gota pay for is the phone because of the free service we get but i never owned a blackberry so thats why im thinking of givin it a shot.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue